Indecisi0n

Its called the bagel lot because a bagel manufacturing company was located there before it went bankrupt and Ups bought the property.

Great name for a history lesson, lousy name if you’re trying to find a trailer and you never been there before.
When they say it's in the bagel lot that just means it's on property somewhere, anywhere.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
When they say it's in the bagel lot that just means it's on property somewhere, anywhere.
It’s lower upper and bagel... first 3 lots on the left hand side...
6675E16C-7E5F-42E1-B56D-0C93C3B50C0A.png

ihateloading

I have a couple questions my union steward couldn’t quite answer and I haven’t had time to ask the HR(?) people at work.

First, I work at the CACH hub in Hodgkins, IL as a loader. After reading the current central contract, it says A PT’er can not bid into a full time position until they have 6 months seniority (I only have about 3 months), am I reading this correctly? I also can not bid into a full time position in the months of November & December correct?

Next question, which I guess would be more so opinions from you guys. I found a thread that pretty much answered most of my questions about CACH and the feeder position, but CACH is currently hiring feeder drivers from off the street. in the future(say next year), do y’all think this means CACH NEEDS drivers? Or are they just obligated to hire a couple temporary drivers off the street for peak season?

If it’s the latter, should I wait until next peak season(next year) to sign a bid sheet? (despite my username, I can actually deal with loading for another year or even 2 if needed lol)

Thanks

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That was me as well. I was in feeders 29 years. Was asked several times to co-drive, and was asked to cover a sleeper driver several times to see if I liked it. I said thanks, but no thanks. I might end up being *that* guy. I'm not sure I could sleep in a sleeper berth. It's hard to turn down $2500.00/week, tho.
Is that 2500 take home???