brostalss

Next week comes the fun part. Sleeper teams out so us low on the totem pole guys get displaced. Not going back to Package thank goodness but my commute to work is going from 25 minutes to over an hour.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Next week comes the fun part. Sleeper teams out so us low on the totem pole guys get displaced. Not going back to Package thank goodness but my commute to work is going from 25 minutes to over an hour.
Didn’t you say you have 80 guys under you??? How many sleeper teams do you have??

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We have 26 on layoff next week.
They sent all the extra empty rental trailers with contractors. Won't even have empty trailers to move

Hadjabear

I did my part for peak , had 4 hrs left for Friday, didn't have hours for half my legs + the 3hrs of extra work that they usually add on on Fridays. Same boat for several other lower seniority guys, other above me either work sun-thurs so weren't in on Friday or had 14hrs by the time I ran out. That left high seniority guys 30+ years with 14hr days. They were pissed to put it nicely.

Don't worry I helped package out too, with working 6 day weeks this month I had no time to xmas shop, Amazon prime for the save, made sure each items was separate order so they weren't bundled, 40 or so, added a few NDA for Saturday knowing they would miss service. So I'll ask Amazon for prime credit.

brostalss

I’m doing my part for Peak still. Sleeper driver called in sick. I got the call. Left Friday afternoon From Los Angeles to Ontario, Ca to Philadelphia, Pa.

We took a 10% long box to Philly.

Now we are taking a BLEEPING empty to Louisville.

Then off to Phoenix then back to LA.

Should be home Tuesday if no delays.

I already worked three days at 10 hours each day plus this 5900 mile sleeper run. Should be a HUGE check.

I’m not going back til next year. They took away my Christmas they are not taking away my New Years Eve.

brostalss

So we get to Louisville about 12 hours early for our load. But since I’m short on hours, we can’t sit and wait so we are taking an empty shorty all the way back to Los Angeles. Skipping our stop in Phoenix. What a waste. A 10% load to Philly and empties all the way back. Oh well.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So we get to Louisville about 12 hours early for our load. But since I’m short on hours, we can’t sit and wait so we are taking an empty shorty all the way back to Los Angeles. Skipping our stop in Phoenix. What a waste. A 10% load to Philly and empties all the way back. Oh well.
40 million short of their 4th quarter numbers and they're paying you to haul empty trailers across the country. But the center manager can't order anymore copy paper...

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Why didn't you just go off duty or on meal while waiting? We do it all the time when covering and short of hours.

This should tell you how expensive it is to fly an airplane. 10% to Hog IslandIl and empties all the way back and I bet it still saved them money.

A few weeks back I worked 50 hours, reset in the berth and got them for 1000 miles at 1.5x and almost 1900 at 2x (I only got half of that plus per diem and hourly pay).

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
40 million short of their 4th quarter numbers and they're paying you to haul empty trailers across the country. But the center manager can't order anymore copy paper...

Like I said my other post. The fact that they drove 10% of cross-country probably saved them flying an airplane. That's how expensive it is to fly airplanes.

Much of the work sleepers does on weekends is stuff that has to fly during the week. The extra day off allows them to bypass flights and save money.

brostalss

Why didn't you just go off duty or on meal while waiting? We do it all the time when covering and short of hours.

This should tell you how expensive it is to fly an airplane. 10% to Hog IslandIl and empties all the way back and I bet it still saved them money.

A few weeks back I worked 50 hours, reset in the berth and got them for 1000 miles at 1.5x and almost 1900 at 2x (I only got half of that plus per diem and hourly pay).

I’ll be back home a day earlier. Christmas morning.

ManInBrown

I’m doing my part for Peak still. Sleeper driver called in sick. I got the call. Left Friday afternoon From Los Angeles to Ontario, Ca to Philadelphia, Pa.

We took a 10% long box to Philly.

Now we are taking a BLEEPING empty to Louisville.

Then off to Phoenix then back to LA.

Should be home Tuesday if no delays.

I already worked three days at 10 hours each day plus this 5900 mile sleeper run. Should be a HUGE check.

I’m not going back til next year. They took away my Christmas they are not taking away my New Years Eve.
Holy sheet. I didn’t think Sleeper teams went all the way cross country. Sleeper I talked to in Willow Grove said the farthest he ever goes is Louisville. How long does it take you guys from LA to Philly? How many days. You went to Oregon Ave? Hope you stopped for a Tony Luke’s on the way out. I thought sleepers bring trailers half way out, then a sleeper from west coast comes and gets it and brings it back or vice versa?

Indecisi0n

Holy sheet. I didn’t think Sleeper teams went all the way cross country. Sleeper I talked to in Willow Grove said the farthest he ever goes is Louisville. How long does it take you guys from LA to Philly? How many days. You went to Oregon Ave? Hope you stopped for a Tony Luke’s on the way out. I thought sleepers bring trailers half way out, then a sleeper from west coast comes and gets it and brings it back or vice versa?
I heard their cabs smell like old balls.