Spooky88

Four and a half hours to grab an empty from another Hub. Woohoo! Better than package.
Dang... And all I do is snowtrucking...

Attachments

• IMG_20181123_213728.jpg
    IMG_20181123_213728.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 75

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Nooo, I think you got me confused with Dracula maybe? I've had a local run for the last 3 years and 10 to 10.5 a day is right in my wheelhouse.

Haha. I don’t make $150K. Closer to 130K. I don’t go out of my to work extra. But if it’s there, I’ll take it. But only if it’s after my run. I don’t sign up to work on my days off. The day after Thanksgiving is my only exception.

Dracula

I thought it was one of you two... Slight difference in pay between those runs.

It amazes me the difference between buildings. Our hub cuts hours every chance they can and we have quite a few 4x10 runs that are lucky to get 42 hours a week. Meanwhile, other buildings are begging drivers to work every available DOT hour.

Right now we have a dozen or so drivers, at any given time, doing almost nothing while they have contractors, many in daycabs doing our work. All yesterday we had 5 plus drivers killing time on the pallet dock while daycabs ran 80-200 mile turns.

Thankfully, we don’t have 4X10 jobs. But you’re right, it also amazes me how different the rules are in different areas.

Like the guy below said, they are working a 70/8 schedule. We have never worked anything other than a 60/7 schedule. But we also have 500 seniority feeder drivers. So there is no reason to work us 70 hours.

It’s actually the opposite here. Because they are desperate to keep their contractors, they often get our loads, while we carry empties. I had actually had a day last week on my mileage run where I left with an empty, and came back with another empty.

They basically paid me $500 to waste their fuel. SMH, but if you’re paying a contractor, you gotta pay me.

Dracula

That what everyone tells me. Coming from package I appreciate everything. Everytime I am having a bad day I just think back to those package days with 200 stops, smoked truck and a 1100 ETA with no help in sight. Then I just sit back and smile.

It actually makes my stomach turn when I see those package cars jam packed. No thanks.

Dracula

Should have brought the same empty back.

I asked the same thing, but UPS being UPS, they told me they get their ass chewed out if the same trailer that goes out comes right back in. Because I’ve worked here so long, I understand, of course.

Dracula

We have been instructed not to do that...if we're gonna be empty both ways we at least have to switch at the meet point or hub. :) I guess the dispatchers think it will be harder to notice.

It’s the usual UPS numbers game. Trading a nickel for five pennies and looking smug at all you accomplished.

Johney

We have been instructed not to do that...if we're gonna be empty both ways we at least have to switch at the meet point or hub. :) I guess the dispatchers think it will be harder to notice.
Never heard a word about it. To add we had two runs where one guy at the end of his run had to run an empty from our building to a building close to the rail yard and bobtail back. Then another guy who ran a load to that same building was told to bring an empty back to our building.....which one do you think went back? Yup. Never heard a word.

King Of The Mountain

down in a holler
I asked the same thing, but UPS being UPS, they told me they get their ass chewed out if the same trailer that goes out comes right back in. Because I’ve worked here so long, I understand, of course.

Done that way too many times this peak, better on toll roads here and even better when its take an empty set break it down rebuild it and turn around.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think it's hilarious that they're cutting PT sup hours and telling the center managers that they can't order any more copy paper, meanwhile they got us coming coming in on Sunday to get paid double time for pulling empty trailers around.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think it's hilarious that they're cutting PT sup hours and telling the center managers that they can't order any more copy paper, meanwhile they got us coming coming in on Sunday to get paid double time for pulling empty trailers around.
Dog and pony show Jones.... dog and pony show

Indecisi0n

I'm cool with that v

ManInBrown

Yup. They’re having drivers in my building bobtail to Bethlehem which is an hour and a half away and telling us to check to see if they have preloads. Like they can’t call to check. Myself and three other drivers went up their last week only to bobtail back. They had nothing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yup. They’re having drivers in my building bobtail to Bethlehem which is an hour and a half away and telling us to check to see if they have preloads. Like they can’t call to check. Myself and three other drivers went up their last week only to bobtail back. They had nothing.
If they run coyotes you guys will be doing something somewhere... even if that means running T.O. Somewhere.. just think of it as a moving advertisement....