Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Same here. I listen to these guys bragging about how much money they make by working all the extra days and I just think "Is that how much your life is worth?".

Not dogging you, but don't you run a 3,000 mile a week mileage run? It's easier to turn down $$$ when you already make $150k on a 5 day week.

I stay in coverage and grab all the high paying days I can. I also have plenty of 3 and 4 day weeks throughout the year to balance the days off.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not dogging you, but don't you run a 3,000 mile a week mileage run? It's easier to turn down $$$ when you already make $150k on a 5 day week.

I stay in coverage and grab all the high paying days I can. I also have plenty of 3 and 4 day weeks throughout the year to balance the days off.
Nooo, I think you got me confused with Dracula maybe? I've had a local run for the last 3 years and 10 to 10.5 a day is right in my wheelhouse.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Nooo, I think you got me confused with Dracula maybe? I've had a local run for the last 3 years and 10 to 10.5 a day is right in my wheelhouse.

I thought it was one of you two... Slight difference in pay between those runs.

It amazes me the difference between buildings. Our hub cuts hours every chance they can and we have quite a few 4x10 runs that are lucky to get 42 hours a week. Meanwhile, other buildings are begging drivers to work every available DOT hour.

Right now we have a dozen or so drivers, at any given time, doing almost nothing while they have contractors, many in daycabs doing our work. All yesterday we had 5 plus drivers killing time on the pallet dock while daycabs ran 80-200 mile turns.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought it was one of you two... Slight difference in pay between those runs.

It amazes me the difference between buildings. Our hub cuts hours every chance they can and we have quite a few 4x10 runs that are lucky to get 42 hours a week. Meanwhile, other buildings are begging drivers to work every available DOT hour.

Right now we have a dozen or so drivers, at any given time, doing almost nothing while they have contractors, many in daycabs doing our work. All yesterday we had 5 plus drivers killing time on the pallet dock while daycabs ran 80-200 mile turns.
All our 4/10's are cut right now, everyone is on a 5 day schedule with a mandatory 6th punch. M-friend drivers have to work Sunday, S-Th drivers are required to work either Friday or Saturday and everyone is working over 60. Glad we only only got a couple more weeks of this nonsense.

Indecisi0n

You'll get over it, in a couple years you'll be bitching just like everyone else ;)
That what everyone tells me. Coming from package I appreciate everything. Everytime I am having a bad day I just think back to those package days with 200 stops, smoked truck and a 1100 ETA with no help in sight. Then I just sit back and smile.