ManInBrown

Parts on order. Ok to run. Anyone want to tell us the condition of the poor tractor trailer driver minding his own business before the idiot in the Jeep crossed into his lane and caused the entire accident. Why was the whole story about the Jeep driver? Did anyone run over and help the semi driver who did nothing wrong?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Parts on order. Ok to run. Anyone want to tell us the condition of the poor tractor trailer driver minding his own business before the idiot in the Jeep crossed into his lane and caused the entire accident. Why was the whole story about the Jeep driver? Did anyone run over and help the semi driver who did nothing wrong?
Yes , I saw on the news tonite , he was interviewed at his home , shaken up ,a few bumps & bruises he said , was just thankful he and the kid survived !

Indecisi0n

So I saw something new lastnight with a guy building a set. He had the dolly in front of the kit, had the lead on hook. He then proceed to back the lead trailer into the dolly then pushed the dolly under the kit and it hooked. I was like WTF and kept rolling. I guess you can still move forward slightly and hook the dolly to the lead while its hooked to the kit? Very odd. In my mind I figure its a great way to damage the airlines but what do i know?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So I saw something new lastnight with a guy building a set. He had the dolly in front of the kit, had the lead on hook. He then proceed to back the lead trailer into the dolly then pushed the dolly under the kit and it hooked. I was like WTF and kept rolling. I guess you can still move forward slightly and hook the dolly to the lead while its hooked to the kit? Very odd. In my mind I figure its a great way to damage the airlines but what do i know?
Never seen that happen... how would the driver be able to attach the dolly to the front trailer, unless he had a spotter??? And couldnt the eye of the dolly be at a different height when backing it in that way???

Indecisi0n

Never seen that happen... how would the driver be able to attach the dolly to the front trailer, unless he had a spotter??? And couldnt the eye of the dolly be at a different height when backing it in that way???
I have no idea. I thought it would cause the nose of the dolly to come up and not be able to connect to the lead.

He didn't have the pintle open, he just used it to push the dolly and i assume was going to get out and hook it up after it was attached to the kit. Weird.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have no idea. I thought it would cause the nose of the dolly to come up and not be able to connect to the lead.

He didn't have the pintle open, he just used it to push the dolly and i assume was going to get out and hook it up after it was attached to the kit. Weird.
Maybe he thought he already attached the dolly to the lead..?????. I’ve seen guys not put the pin into the pintle and have the dolly connect into the rear trailer but the eye comes out of the pintle hook....had to release the dolly lever and hook a chain to the first trailer and yank it out and try again..

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Kit=kite?

Sounds like someone is overthinking how to build a set. At some point he will pinch a hose or damage of the air valves on the back of the lead trailer. that would be a write-up if any of my managers saw someone do it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Kit=kite?

Sounds like someone is overthinking how to build a set. At some point he will pinch a hose or damage of the air valves on the back of the lead trailer. that would be a write-up if any of my managers saw someone do it.
Kit=set???? Never heard anyone say “lead on hook”.... lol... but what the hell do I know...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Kit=kite?

But how is he going to hook the lead trailer into the dolly unless he had a spotter... would be a bitch to do...