Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
And a long day.

How many hours does it take you?

We've got some that are 600+ miles that can be turned between 10-11 total hours most days. When I cover those I usually average about $55 an hour for the day.

Longest I've seen at another building is like 678... that's crazy!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I have to refuel on the way back, so all together it’s a 12 hour day. It’s a $3000 paycheck, but honestly, I think my limit is going to be another couple of months, at best.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Im starting training next week, Not sure what to expect. Any pointers are appreciated!
Dont tear up any :censored3:.
Seriously, tho, pay attention in class and take detailed notes. Be a sponge with info and don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't get frustrated. They will throw so much new info at you in a short time, so much to memorize. You will have a qualifying week after you actually get into feeders where management rides with you. When you're finally on your own, ask other feeder drivers for help if you have any questions. I never failed to go out of my way to help newbies, especially to point out that glob of 5th wheel grease on their shoulder.:laugh: Your first month alone, you will learn more than you ever did in feeder school. Good luck to you, and welcome to the feeder driver fraternity.

Indecisi0n

Seriously, tho, pay attention in class and take detailed notes. Be a sponge with info and don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't get frustrated. They will throw so much new info at you in a short time, so much to memorize. You will have a qualifying week after you actually get into feeders where management rides with you. When you're finally on your own, ask other feeder drivers for help if you have any questions. I never failed to go out of my way to help newbies, especially to point out that glob of 5th wheel grease on their shoulder.:laugh: Your first month alone, you will learn more than you ever did in feeder school. Good luck to you, and welcome to the feeder driver fraternity.
The first time they handed me all the packets and told me I had to memorize it all in a week I thought they were joking, lol.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
This is sad to say, but at my building women and previous full-time employees always pass (unless they have an accident). If you come from part-time or off the street, passing depends on the supervisor you have training you...some like to fail drivers.

In my hub, new drivers now have to get their CDL during their training week and follow it up with a production week sometime after that, but the productions weeks are very unfair.
Some do production driving a new automatic moving empties between buildings (which is a short day with half of the day just bobtailing), while others get 5 days in a beat up International running 500 miles a day through the mountains.

brostalss

Probably the best summary. I'll say it again.

DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP!!!!!!

You don't want to get a "Handle"

brostalss

Speaking of "Handles" anyone here have one? How did you get it?

Around here my favorite one is a driver nicknamed "Powder". Apparently he was playing with the fire extinguisher in the cab……………and I think you know what happened after that. Hehe.