Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes . It's crazy not to be paid for a week that you are working.

While I agree, you are not really working, you are being trained.

We are spending some time in a classroom and some time learning how to drive a tractor, hook trailers etc during week 1.

The production week, week 2, where we are actually working a job, it is paid.

You are getting a CDL for free. Go out on your own to do it, that costs around $5000.

I believe it should be paid, but that is not a deal breaker.

Central

Article 3

Section 14-Tractor-Trailer School

Employees who are interested in qualifying as tractor-trailer drivers shall notify the Employer. Such employees in seniority order will be permitted to attend, on their own time, the Employer’s training program which may be established from time to time as the need occurs. The Employer agrees to furnish the necessary equipment and instructors. Upon completion of this training, the employees shall be required to maintain the proper license and work as needed in the classification.

Indecisi0n

While I agree, you are not really working, you are being trained.

We are spending some time in a classroom and some time learning how to drive a tractor, hook trailers etc during week 1.

The production week, week 2, where we are actually working a job, it is paid.

You are getting a CDL for free. Go out on your own to do it, that costs around $5000.

I believe it should be paid, but that is not a deal breaker.

Central

Article 3

Section 14-Tractor-Trailer School

Employees who are interested in qualifying as tractor-trailer drivers shall notify the Employer. Such employees in seniority order will be permitted to attend, on their own time, the Employer’s training program which may be established from time to time as the need occurs. The Employer agrees to furnish the necessary equipment and instructors. Upon completion of this training, the employees shall be required to maintain the proper license and work as needed in the classification.
Oh the week for training , sorry I misread that post . No I was not paid for the training .

F

Frankie's Friend

You think you got cut off by cars in Package, just you wait.

The Uber and lLyft drivers are the absolute worse
The Friday night girls are the worst. When I was running to Louisville on a Friday night some crazy girls passed me in KY (not jelly) and the one in the front passenger seat was naked and hanging out (literally) of the window screaming some drunken communication at me. She was so drunk she almost fell out of the window.

Yes . It's crazy not to be paid for a week that you are working. Who the hell negotiated that?!
Years ago our feeder supe told me that too many drivers just used the first week as a paid vacation and then disqualified themselves at the end of the week. At that period in time they were paid (so he said) but I'm not sure when that was or when it stopped. If it was even true. @BigUnionGuy ?

Indecisi0n

The Friday night girls are the worst. When I was running to Louisville on a Friday night some crazy girls passed me in KY (not jelly) and the one in the front passenger seat was naked and hanging out (literally) of the window screaming some drunken communication at me. She was so drunk she almost fell out of the window.

Years ago our feeder supe told me that too many drivers just used the first week as a paid vacation and then disqualified themselves at the end of the week. At that period in time they were paid (so he said) but I'm not sure when that was or when it stopped. If it was even true. @BigUnionGuy ?
I could def see that happening

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Here we don't paid for the first week. Dracula stated that where he's at they get paid for the 1st week if they pass their training. Like I said, depends on where you are.
This is correct. Here we don’t get paid for the first week even if you pass.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Yeah they did away with that too here. You cannot DQ yourself during training.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Still waiting for my first titty flash...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I went into feeders, our training was on 2 consecutive weekends, plus a Saturday on the 3rd weekend, for a total of 5 days, all unpaid. The last day of training was a qualifying ride and after that they told you if you passed or not. They were all 12+hour days. We had about 75% washout/quit/failure rate. When you were called into feeders for your first actual day of work, you started getting paid the prevailing feeder rate. Kinda fuzzy, but I believe I got my CDL right before feeder school on my own. I actually took the test in a 12 passenger dodge van. I guess it qualified as a commercial vehicle.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I've never heard anything like that.

In my Local, once you successfully complete your production week....

you are paid for your training week as per Article 3 Section 14.

"Upon completion of tractor-trailer school, the Employer will determine whether the employee is qualified to drive tractor-trailers and whether the employee will be placed on the qualified list. When an employee is placed on the qualified list he/she shall be compensated forty (40) hours at the appropriate straight time hourly rate."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

-Bug-

brostalss

So what's wrong with that? I can't wait to get the Flash Friday.