Hitman Con

Can any feeder driver here, help with an answer. There’s a package delivery position where I stay, that’s full time. However, one of the ups feeder driver that comes and picks up where I work, said that the building that’s hiring is small, and doesn’t have feeder positions, so wait until the bigger facility posts a position, so I won’t get stuck in the future. Should I wait? Or is there a way to bid on feeder positions at other buildings once I have enough seniority etc.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Depends on where you are. Where I am feeder openings at the hub also get bid at the outlying centers, but it's not like that everywhere.

Johney

Here you are better off staying away from smaller buildings when it comes to feeders. They have far less runs and are rarely vacated. I know a guy who left our building years ago to follow his p/c route to a smaller building and has been a feeder cover there for quite a few years, yet had he stayed he would be a full-time feeder driver and very close to #1 in seniority.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I have a friend that I keep in touch with that has been a sleeper driver for many years. He told me this week that Louisville (who you make contact with on sleeper runs, at least down here) informed them that fueling and washing will no longer be paid for time. Is that everywhere?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here you are better off staying away from smaller buildings when it comes to feeders. They have far less runs and are rarely vacated. I know a guy who left our building years ago to follow his p/c route to a smaller building and has been a feeder cover there for quite a few years, yet had he stayed he would be a full-time feeder driver and very close to #1 in seniority.
There are pluses and minuses to both, but in general I agree with you.

Undercover Boss

Who says we can’t use logic?
They have said that in California too.
I have a friend that I keep in touch with that has been a sleeper driver for many years. He told me this week that Louisville (who you make contact with on sleeper runs, at least down here) informed them that fueling and washing will no longer be paid for time. Is that everywhere?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Most of the wash tunnels are closed so they solved that problem although we now have drivers popping hoods and standing on tires to clean windows. This takes longer and is unsafe.

The fueling would only come I to play on their longest leg where they are giving back 2 hours, unless they are subtracting time from their layover pay.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Can any feeder driver here, help with an answer. There’s a package delivery position where I stay, that’s full time. However, one of the ups feeder driver that comes and picks up where I work, said that the building that’s hiring is small, and doesn’t have feeder positions, so wait until the bigger facility posts a position, so I won’t get stuck in the future. Should I wait? Or is there a way to bid on feeder positions at other buildings once I have enough seniority etc.

In my area the two closest centers to the main hub can bid on feeder runs from the hub. My center is farther away and we have only 7 runs. Our feeder jobs are bid in house and only to our drivers. So it’s a mix of both I guess. Depends on your distance from your hub.

brostalss

...and the shifters aren't driving a long wheel base road tractor that bucks, bounds, hesitates and wasn't really designed for precision yard work.

Go figure...

I love it when I'm ready to back into a spot and a shifter zooms right behind be with no regard for yard speed limit.

Indecisi0n

I love it when I'm ready to back into a spot and a shifter zooms right behind be with no regard for yard speed limit.
Or the jackass drivers that see me setting up to back up (as I swing out) but they insist on still pulling all the way up to the spot right beside me .why do you have to get so close jackass? If I swing my can right I'm hitting you.