ManInBrown

eeiuuu....we don't have any old stuff. I'm in a 2019 Kenworth after someone wrecked my Freightliner. The Freightliner did come back, but I like the Kenworth better than a tractor thats been wrecked. They're never the same.
Way to rub it in. We have garbage here. From a Freighliner to a KW. Aren’t you special.

On a side note the best old garbage tractors are the 270 Internationals. Shift like butter and turn on a dime. Only downside is breaking your back when hitting bumps in the road.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I drove more tractors in my career than is normal I think. Started off with a GMC 5 speed with a wet clutch. Then a Ford, Sterling, snub nose international, long nose international, cabover international. Finally a Freightliner. Worst riding tractor was the Ford/Sterlings, which are basically the same tractor. Best riding tractor was the cabover, but I hated driving it. I couldn't stand looking down over the grill.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We have a few Sterlings left but they are only used as training vehicles and the shifters might use one if there aren’t enough birds.

brostalss

Did my first ever chain up in the Rockies late Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Wasn't as hard as advertised. I was very grateful to have a seasoned veteran Sleeper driver with me to show me how to do it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Did my first ever chain up in the Rockies late Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Wasn't as hard as advertised. I was very grateful to have a seasoned veteran Sleeper driver with me to show me how to do it.

Wonder how the veteran driver slept
when the guy behind the wheel is a rookie on chains in snow in the Rocky Mountains

I’am going to take a guess and say not to good

brostalss

Wonder how the veteran driver slept
when the guy behind the wheel is a rookie on chains in snow in the Rocky Mountains

I’am going to take a guess and say not to good

He actually stayed up with me until we unchained. Then he slept like a rock all the way to Nevada.

Last edited:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Some people love it. Some hate it. Do a three day sleeper run, then do extra work all on OT. Do a second day of extra work all on Double time. $4000 a week.

We don't have any 3 day sleeper runs, most are 4.5 - 5.5. I've heard a few drivers at SDFAS are in the $185k range because they can always pick up extra days.

Even if we did have 3 day runs they wouldn't be able to work until coverage, super Q and Q list drivers got their days in. The only real chance they would have for extra work would be covering other sleeper runs as the B driver out of my hub.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If I was single I might try sleeper for a bid just to check out places like CACH and SDFAS, but other than that it has zero appeal for me. The only positive I can see is the money and I just don't need the money that bad.