brostalss

This thread was on page 3. Time for a bump.

When using someone else's tractor, what do you do?
1. Depends on who's tractor
2. Fuel and wash always
3. Leave it like I found it
4. Other

over9five

Staff member
This thread was on page 3. Time for a bump.

When using someone else's tractor, what do you do?
1. Depends on who's tractor
2. Fuel and wash always
3. Leave it like I found it
4. Other
Fuel it, never leave my stuff or my trash in it.
But I dont clean out trash that was there.

brostalss

I do the leave it like I found it rule. But if I know the guy I might go a little extra for him.

The tractor I have this week the driver left his XM for me to enjoy. He's getting the full treatment.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Anyone else seeing contractors everywhere since the new contract was ratified? We've had quite a few on the yard while the bottom Q list drivers are sitting home or working in the building.

Best contract ever! :ninja3:

over9five

Staff member
Anyone else seeing contractors everywhere since the new contract was ratified? We've had quite a few on the yard while the bottom Q list drivers are sitting home or working in the building.

Agreed. Bunch of them pulling grey boxes out last night.

BottomFeeder909

Let's try to get this thread back on the rails.

If It is my tractor of the day I make it mine before I start the day by cleaning it up to my standards. Could include wiping down everything I may touch during my day, scraping the boogers off the windshield, taking the discarded food out of the passenger side door pocket, removing all the trash I can find, running it through the wash rack, cleaning all inside class and mirrors and throwing out or securing loose items.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQICRAC&usg=AOvVaw3tXlbjgIHQVf3Pa1mIQ_UU

ManInBrown

Yup. Tuesday after Memorial Day a sup was dragging loads out to the alternate lot. Heard gypsies we’re camped out there.

Indecisi0n

You really think the contract made this happen? Sups will always do the wrong thing . File until it stops .write down the trailer number, tractor company and number and time of day .

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You really think the contract made this happen? Sups will always do the wrong thing . File until it stops .write down the trailer number, tractor company and number and time of day .

Why isn't it being grieved?
Enforce the contract.

This IS the new contract, I posted it many times before the vote. With the promise to add sleeper runs the union opened contracting. I believe the language says they can be used as long as no seniority feeder drivers are laid off. Q list drivers do not have feeder seniority, only full-time seniority.

Johney

Yes we have people who are laid off already file on it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
This IS the new contract, I posted it many times before the vote. With the promise to add sleeper runs the union opened contracting. I believe the language says they can be used as long as no seniority feeder drivers are laid off. Q list drivers do not have feeder seniority, only full-time seniority.
This is what happens after decades of apathy from the Members.

Most don't enforce the contract and now you end up with a crap contract because The Union Leadership and UPS know the Membership doesn't care.

You guys made your bed and now will lie in it while your jobs disappear.

Just pathetic

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
This is what happens after decades of apathy from the Members.

Most don't enforce the contract and now you end up with a crap contract because The Union Leadership and UPS know the Membership doesn't care.

You guys made your bed and now will lie in it while your jobs disappear.

Just pathetic

It may not be as bad as I remembered,
Screenshot_20190531-152209_Drive.jpg
but it's still not good. I'm sure they will exploit this as much as possible.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
They had the right to subcontract for 30 days to establish new runs for several contracts.

Here you are added to the dispatch board after 60 consecutive days in Feeder but you are earning Feeder seniority retro to day 1 of training after you qualify.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Please tell me you read our new contract BEFORE it was voted on.

This contract was constructed around flooding us with Gypos. Many of us were screaming this at the top of our lungs as soon as the proposal came out.

The only current, valid grievance about this, is to file on any contractor working if there are still seniority drivers not being worked their contractual hours.

As far as contractors go...get used to it. That’s what we voted for..or, failed to vote NO by 2/3’s.