Indecisi0n

I drink 1 gallon of water every night and 2 No Sugar Monsters, every once in a while ill grab a coffee. I tell everyone I feel like im getting old when I drink coffee and scares me lol! I turn 26 next month! haha
We have a lot in common . We should go out for a cappuccino sometime .

So I gotta question if I do get hired seasonal any I do everything right. Would they let me go and I have to reapply when they start hiring more seasonal drivers 3 months down the road? They all ALWAYS hiring seasonal drivers at our hub. How does this all work?

over9five

Staff member
Sounds like a date.
Screenshot_20190805-193430_Gallery.jpg

Indecisi0n

So I gotta question if I do get hired seasonal any I do everything right. Would they let me go and I have to reapply when they start hiring more seasonal drivers 3 months down the road? They all ALWAYS hiring seasonal drivers at our hub. How does this all work?
They promise you guys jobs but they have a hiring ratio they have to go by. I believe for every off the street hire they have to hire 6 inside . It might have changed though .

Trash Panda

I have a interview for a Full Time Seasonal Position as a Feeder Driver. I been driving a Fedex Ground contractor for last 2 years. Starting at 2am and ending around 2pm every day doing about 600 miles. I'm pretty excited to hear what UPS has to offer. They are always hiring seasonal drivers at my local hub almost year round (I check all the time never applied).. Wish me luck!! =)
Good luck. What they offer may not be as good as what you got. Long term it pays but it’ll be rough at some point.

Seasonal = no benefits, no working towards seniority. Possibly short work weeks. If you work in a large hub you may get 40+ a week.

Trash Panda

All depends on what they tell you at the interview. Just an influx in volume for need of bodies or is it people retiring?

It could be other reasons as no one internally wants to jump into feeders. At our location sign up list was saturated for package car help, but no one wanted into feeders. Hence hiring off the street.

No one knows if you'll be offered a full time spot when it comes time to cut seasonal help. Seasonal is their way of screening you for ft status.

Add in: One thing to ask is if their opening up any sleeper teams. Could mean movement on the board thus helping your chances.

Last edited:
All depends on what they tell you at the interview. Just an influx in volume for need of bodies or is it people retiring?

It could be other reasons as no one internally wants to jump into feeders. At our location sign up list was saturated for package car help, but no one wanted into feeders. Hence hiring off the street.

No one knows if you'll be offered a full time spot when it comes time to cut seasonal help. Seasonal is their way of screening you for ft status.

Add in: One thing to ask is if their opening up any sleeper teams. Could mean movement on the board thus helping your chances.
I have not seen any sleeper positions posted.

Trash Panda

I have not seen any sleeper positions posted.
You wont see them if their just starting them up. When i came back in summer after being cut in jan they were working on implementing some sleeper runs over a few months timeframe. Still needed to post the intent list, then the actual sleeper bid for seniority guys to jump on the bid.

They offered me a permanent ft job instead of vacation coverage. Signed on a few more people as well. Just things to think about when interviewed.

Alot of things are location specific. So a general advice is all we can give.

Mack37

I have a interview for a Full Time Seasonal Position as a Feeder Driver. I been driving a Fedex Ground contractor for last 2 years. Starting at 2am and ending around 2pm every day doing about 600 miles. I'm pretty excited to hear what UPS has to offer. They are always hiring seasonal drivers at my local hub almost year round (I check all the time never applied).. Wish me luck!! =)

If it’s the same as when I worked there, it isn’t so much of an interview. If they called you in and you can pass a drug test and a road test then they’ll give you a uniform and have you start ASAP. Seasonals at my location were kept pretty busy all year but who knows whether you’ll make full time or not. My advice is to do everything they ask and kiss major dispatcher ass.

You wont see them if their just starting them up. When i came back in summer after being cut in jan they were working on implementing some sleeper runs over a few months timeframe. Still needed to post the intent list, then the actual sleeper bid for seniority guys to jump on the bid.

They offered me a permanent ft job instead of vacation coverage. Signed on a few more people as well. Just things to think about when interviewed.

Alot of things are location specific. So a general advice is all we can give.

I know CACH is blowing my phone up for all those fulltime positions they have but I just don’t know if I want to move near Chicago. Of course, who knows if Indy will ever hire off the street.

brostalss

Wrote up a tire on my tractor yesterday. It lost all of its air over the weekend. Re-filled it and it lasted the night.

You think the mechanics changed it out?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Wrote up a tire on my tractor yesterday. It lost all of its air over the weekend. Re-filled it and it lasted the night.

You think the mechanics changed it out?

I think a mechanic told me if it's down more than 10psi they are supposed to change the tire. At least that's how it is at my building.

If it was still at pressure their is a 0% chance one of our mechanics would have changed it. Their too busy drinking coffee and telling everyone how overworked they are. That or blaming drivers for everything that's broken.

Indecisi0n

I think a mechanic told me if it's down more than 10psi they are supposed to change the tire. At least that's how it is at my building.

If it was still at pressure their is a 0% chance one of our mechanics would have changed it. Their too busy drinking coffee and telling everyone how overworked they are. That or blaming drivers for everything that's broken.
It worked before you broke it .

Indecisi0n

I am getting tired of pulling the air lines knobs . When are they going to implement electronic push button airline controls? I mean we aren't animals .