Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When we first got our new phone IVIS's we were told they were basically ours, go ahead and take them home. Guess that's over with:

REWvYSJ.jpg

0RHKfy6.jpg

Indecisi0n

Im sympathetic, some of these tractors are bad, jammed my fingers several times popping them out. They should also put the kingpin release in the cab.
And add electronic landing gear . Other day I was trying to eat my peanut butter and jelly sandwich while cranking up the gear . Give me a break.

Trash Panda

I know CACH is blowing my phone up for all those fulltime positions they have but I just don’t know if I want to move near Chicago. Of course, who knows if Indy will ever hire off the street.
All depends on whats at stake and where your moving from. Sometimes you have to go to where the work is. If i was single id probably move out that way for it.

Indecisi0n

Could see that happening from day 1. Someone wrecked it for everyone.
I love it . Do not being it home . Well unless we lock up the building and no one is there .

Umm naaa .either I bring it home or I don't .Make up your mind. It's not going to fall on my shoulders if I forget it on my "Friday" .

over9five

Staff member
I throw mine in my bag every night. I think it's great I don't have to touch one that other people have touched, sneezed on, wiped boogers on, whatever.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I like parking my tractor near the guard shack punching out and walking straight to my car, coming in the next night walking straight to my tractor and punching in. Haven't been to the feeder office in months.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
When we first got our new phone IVIS's we were told they were basically ours, go ahead and take them home. Guess that's over with:

REWvYSJ.jpg

0RHKfy6.jpg

That's someone on a control freak. We have a hundred or so backups that could start out of 4 or 5 buildings, plus report to an extended center and do a reversing run from there. You aren't paid until your scheduled start so who cares when you log in? If someone is di46ing around before getting their keys a simple start work audit will solve that.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Wrote up a tire on my tractor yesterday. It lost all of its air over the weekend. Re-filled it and it lasted the night.

You think the mechanics changed it out?

That's crazy on a tractor. Out of Service criteria says if it's less than 50% of the maximum pressure on the sidewall it's done. I could see filling a chassis tire if it's just going on a short haul to the rail as we don't have those types of tires but otherwise no thank you so sorry.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I like parking my tractor near the guard shack punching out and walking straight to my car, coming in the next night walking straight to my tractor and punching in. Haven't been to the feeder office in months.
We can’t clock in or out unless we are physically in dispatch. It won’t link if you are outside the office. You guys can clock in/out wherever you want?

brostalss

Enjoying sitting here taking a break in my tractor and watching all the Package drivers walking into the pit of misery.

They all have that same look and walk. Head down, wondering how jacked their loads will be. I don’t miss it at all.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We can’t clock in or out unless we are physically in dispatch. It won’t link if you are outside the office. You guys can clock in/out wherever you want?
If you turn off wifi you can probably do it anywhere though they could set up a GPS "fence" to limit access also.

brostalss

I clock in while walking into the Hub.

I tried clocking in from down the street once just to see what would happen. That didn’t work.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Anywhere on UPS property pretty much. You can't clock in/out in your driveway...or so I've heard.