Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Went to the silly union Feeder meeting. One week later was told to get my permit and physical. Two weeks later I was in class.

I now have over 130 drivers below me in a year and four months.
Seriously. It’s not that hard. Study for 2 days and you’re set. The physical just takes 4 hours out of your day. One week should be more than enough. Just comes down to how much you want it.

Siveriano

Seriously. It’s not that hard. Study for 2 days and you’re set. The physical just takes 4 hours out of your day. One week should be more than enough. Just comes down to how much you want it.
Im sure the issue here is that in Nj you have to wait 7 days to retake the test, I know a driver from our center who has failed it twice already.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Test isn't that hard, it's all multiple choice. I went to DMV, read through the book sitting there in the waiting room, then took the test and passed it. If you fail it twice you might have some kind of learning disability.

Johney

4 hours for a physical? Shouldn't you already have your DOT card? Assuming you were a p/c driver already.

Yeet

4 hours for a physical? Shouldn't you already have your DOT card? Assuming you were a p/c driver already.

Myself and everyone I talked to it took 4 hours. The place is slow and every CDL holder in my city goes there for their physicals.

Yeet

Yes been doing it for 30+ years, I just thought you were going cause you got a CDL.
No I just had to take a piss test. My DOT physical was still valid. I’m just saying, if you are going in for a physical and piss test, you are going to be there around 4 hours. Sorry for the confusion.

Indecisi0n

No I just had to take a piss test. My DOT physical was still valid. I’m just saying, if you are going in for a physical and piss test, you are going to be there around 4 hours. Sorry for the confusion.
I don't know what kind of physicals you guys are getting. I am in and out within the hour.

Johney

NP. Our local quack in a box that does our DOT is usually an hour wait.

barnyard

KTM rider
Study for 2 days and you’re set.

Wut?!?!?!
I read the book in the DOT office and took the test when I was done. All told, less than 1 hour.

Look at the book. At the end of every section is a summary with bullet points. All those bullet points are answers to test questions.

Last edited: