Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Trust me I get it, but screw up my sleep schedule for a month knowing I'm going back regardless? Nope. My easiest days as a package driver were during peak.
We had to hire off the street this summer , we can’t get anybody from pkg to come out ,, why would they send you back @barnyard

Indecisi0n

Out of all the things about this company, how vacations work is the thing I hate the most.
Can't plan a vacation in January when you don't pick until December.
Deciding how to use vacation for the next 12 10 months.
No peak vacations
Pray to Allah that your spouse can get the same time off in such short notice of knowing what's available and having to pick.
Gotta use a whole week for just a weekend getaway.
Get paid less than if you just work.
Who plans a vacation in January ?

Non sequitur

Out of all the things about this company, how vacations work is the thing I hate the most.
Can't plan a vacation in January when you don't pick until December.
Deciding how to use vacation for the next 12 10 months.
No peak vacations
Pray to Allah that your spouse can get the same time off in such short notice of knowing what's available and having to pick.
Gotta use a whole week for just a weekend getaway.
Get paid less than if you just work.
How much seniority you got? Gets better after 20 years.

ManInBrown

I would rather work peak in feeders than in package.
There is no peak in feeders here. It’s like every other week. You want 70 a week, no problem. You want 42 a week, no problem. That’s the thing about feeders. All the old timers want all the hours. So you can have it if you want, and if you don’t, they don’t care. In package no one wants to work cause it sucks.

Last peak was my first in feeders. I started in February 2018. I worked less hours at peak, then I did the rest of the year. It was great. I couldn’t believe it.

Indecisi0n

There is no peak in feeders here. It’s like every other week. You want 70 a week, no problem. You want 42 a week, no problem. That’s the thing about feeders. All the old timers want all the hours. So you can have it if you want, and if you don’t, they don’t care. In package no one wants to work cause it sucks.

Last peak was my first in feeders. I started in February 2018. I worked less hours at peak, then I did the rest of the year. It was great. I couldn’t believe it.
The old heads just don't want to go home to their wives .

barnyard

KTM rider
We had to hire off the street this summer , we can’t get anybody from pkg to come out ,, why would they send you back @barnyard

I work in an outstate building that only has 4 feeder jobs. For a while, I will be the #1 cover guy. The FFN is saying either no feeder school bids or 2 feeder school bids are going to be put up to replace a guy retiring next week.

barnyard

KTM rider
There is no peak in feeders here. It’s like every other week. You want 70 a week, no problem. You want 42 a week, no problem.

In my building, the schedules are all 50+ hours if everything goes perfect. The longest schedule is 56 hours if everything goes perfect. Our 3 overnight runs are rarely less than 57 hours. We do not have an under 45 hour feeder job in my building.

ManInBrown

In my building, the schedules are all 50+ hours if everything goes perfect. The longest schedule is 56 hours if everything goes perfect. Our 3 overnight runs are rarely less than 57 hours. We do not have an under 45 hour feeder job in my building.
Very easy to turn a 47 hour job into 42. You walk into dispatch before you pull your last load, toss the keys on the counter, tell them you’re fatigued and walk out.

ManInBrown

All kidding aside we run the gamet here. 40 hour jobs like mine, all the way to 60. Guys take jobs all the time and then get pissed that they have to pull 6 loads a day and work 13 hours. I couldve had a job around the same start time but it worked way to many hours. Not for me. A few weeks later my cushy 40-42 hours gig went up for bid. Jumped all over it like flies on sheet.

I never understand guys working 59.99 hours a week like billy bad ass. Throwing their seniority around like a badge of honor scooping up every single extra days work. I just laughh. One day we all die. Do you really want to spend every waking minute working? I dont work one extra day. Not black friday. Not saturday during peak, and not sunday during peak. There is no incentive to get me to volunteer to work on a day i can be off.

Indecisi0n

All kidding aside we run the gamet here. 40 hour jobs like mine, all the way to 60. Guys take jobs all the time and then get pissed that they have to pull 6 loads a day and work 13 hours. I couldve had a job around the same start time but it worked way to many hours. Not for me. A few weeks later my cushy 40-42 hours gig went up for bid. Jumped all over it like flies on sheet.

I never understand guys working 59.99 hours a week like billy bad ass. Throwing their seniority around like a badge of honor scooping up every single extra days work. I just laughh. One day we all die. Do you really want to spend every waking minute working? I dont work one extra day. Not black friday. Not saturday during peak, and not sunday during peak. There is no incentive to get me to volunteer to work on a day i can be off.
I thought I was the only one .