Johney

I never understand guys working 59.99 hours a week like billy bad ass. Throwing their seniority around like a badge of honor scooping up every single extra days work.
Because it's feeders. It's so easy to make the extra money for little to no effort. I'm like you I want my 40 and go. I'm laughed at by my co-workers for barely clearing $70,000 so far this year. I really don't GAF. I worked my ass off in package for 25 years time to take it easy before retirement.

ManInBrown

Because it's feeders. It's so easy to make the extra money for little to no effort. I'm like you I want my 40 and go. I'm laughed at by my co-workers for barely clearing $70,000 so far this year. I really don't GAF. I worked my ass off in package for 25 years time to take it easy before retirement.
You mentioning that you barely cleared 70 so far this year made me go check what I’m at. I dont even pay attention. Im at 72. Funny thing is while i was on the paycheck list i checked how many hours I worked last year the week of Christmas. I worked 2.43 hours OT. Then i pulled up my check from my last year in package the week of Christmas. I worked 63.25 hours. Amazing

Johney

You mentioning that you barely cleared 70 so far this year made me go check what I’m at. I dont even pay attention. Im at 72. Funny thing is while i was on the paycheck list i checked how many hours I worked last year the week of Christmas. I worked 2.43 hours OT. Then i pulled up my check from my last year in package the week of Christmas. I worked 63.25 hours. Amazing
The funny thing for me also was I had no idea what my YTD was until a few of us in the office and someone mentioned what we had made so far. I work less during peak then all year due to all the gypsies running loads. Which is fine by me. I know if I want the work it's there, but....no.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I never understand guys working 59.99 hours a week like billy bad ass. Throwing their seniority around like a badge of honor scooping up every single extra days work. I just laughh. One day we all die. Do you really want to spend every waking minute working?
With all the money we can make, I have trouble understanding the guys in their late 50's and 60's still working. To each his own I guess.

quad decade guy

With all the money we can make, I have trouble understanding the guys in their late 50's and 60's still working. To each his own I guess.

I'm 57. Just Friday. Until then, I couldn't retire without penalties including being able to buy insurance.

I'm 8 years away from Medicare and reasonable SS. I have lived a somewhat normal life-wife, kids,

mortgage, the usual tragedies and college expenses. Imagine going from $120k to $50k. And having

to buy insurance for the first time in 40 years. It ain't cheap. We just got our daughter out of college

and married. And just now flush with money...for the first time in 30 years. I know, you guys are

financial wizards-not me. But we got my daughter out of college and married with no debt. You asked

why, that's my story. Now granted, I've lived comfortably but in no way luxurious. When will I retire?

Probably 65. It is standard retirement age. I have a chance to make another $1 million. Why not?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm 57. Just Friday. Until then, I couldn't retire without penalties including being able to buy insurance.

I'm 8 years away from Medicare and reasonable SS. I have lived a somewhat normal life-wife, kids,

mortgage, the usual tragedies and college expenses. Imagine going from $120k to $50k. And having

to buy insurance for the first time in 40 years. It ain't cheap. We just got our daughter out of college

and married. And just now flush with money...for the first time in 30 years. I know, you guys are

financial wizards-not me. But we got my daughter out of college and married with no debt. You asked

why, that's my story. Now granted, I've lived comfortably but in no way luxurious. When will I retire?

Probably 65. It is standard retirement age. I have a chance to make another $1 million. Why not?
I think it's 55 to keep insurance here but I would have to double check. Props to you for paying for kids college. I'm not doing it. They're on their own, just a personal decision.

Honestly I think the robots will have taken my job by then anyways so I'm maxing out.

Indecisi0n

Easy fix, don't have kids .

quad decade guy

I think it's 55 to keep insurance here but I would have to double check. Props to you for paying for kids college. I'm not doing it. They're on their own, just a personal decision.

Honestly I think the robots will have taken my job by then anyways so I'm maxing out.

I have my In-Laws(wife's parents). They've always acted like their kids(3) just somehow happened.

And were absolved of any responsibility whatsoever even when they were young. My daughter

didn't ask to be put on this earth. I owe her at least a fighting chance. And she took the reins.

Will I have to work longer for it? You bet. Just a personal decision. I was self-centered and selfish

during my arrogant, younger days at UPS. I'm trying to rectify that and pay it forward.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
IMG_0301.jpg

A feeder driver's nightmare. This is not one of our drivers, but he is in a world of hurt. Giant company's employee parking lot. How he got in there, I don't know. He may have to wait till everyone gets off work in 7 hours. Happened to me a couple of times in my 29 years in feeders.

Driver7906

View attachment 269672
A feeder driver's nightmare. This is not one of our drivers, but he is in a world of hurt. Giant company's employee parking lot. How he got in there, I don't know. He may have to wait till everyone gets off work in 7 hours. Happened to me a couple of times in my 29 years in feeders.

If I’m not sure if I can squeeze into a spot like that, I wouldn’t do it. But in my just under two years in feeder, it’s blown my mind seeing the stupid things I see other truckers do out there on the road.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There is no way he drove in there with those cars there already. I'm guessing he saw a huge empty parking lot to spend the night, and when he woke up, there were hundreds of cars surrounding him.

Hadjabear

We get at least 1 contractor a week during peak that pulls into the employee parking lot here, there is even a sign that says No Trucks, not sure if it's the small of the sign or English that trip them up and cause them to pull in.

quad decade guy

If I’m not sure if I can squeeze into a spot like that, I wouldn’t do it. But in my just under two years in feeder, it’s blown my mind seeing the stupid things I see other truckers do out there on the road.

2 years huh? You'll get there. I'll even say you've had an unreported accident(you know).

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
All kidding aside we run the gamet here. 40 hour jobs like mine, all the way to 60. Guys take jobs all the time and then get pissed that they have to pull 6 loads a day and work 13 hours. I couldve had a job around the same start time but it worked way to many hours. Not for me. A few weeks later my cushy 40-42 hours gig went up for bid. Jumped all over it like flies on sheet.

I never understand guys working 59.99 hours a week like billy bad ass. Throwing their seniority around like a badge of honor scooping up every single extra days work. I just laughh. One day we all die. Do you really want to spend every waking minute working? I dont work one extra day. Not black friday. Not saturday during peak, and not sunday during peak. There is no incentive to get me to volunteer to work on a day i can be off.

To each his own. I’ve never understood why drivers care what other drivers are doing. We make more than almost any other trucking job, so if you want to make it. Similarly, if you just want your 40 hours, more power to you.

But if you just want the minimum, don’t screw up a 50+ hour job to get your 40. Go work in the yard if want 40 hours.