Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Wel just got a call today that I am the next one in line for a feeder cover position. Excited and little nervous etc but let’s see how it goes! Time to study and go get that permit.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Ah yea I wouldn't be in too much of a rush just yet.
Yea it is kinda weird timing with everything going on. They told me to get my permit by April 14th. My local driver license place is not even open for the COVID-19 stuff sooo that should be interesting lol. In package they keep telling us about layoffs so I am expecting them to push school for feeder back.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Ah yea I wouldn't be in too much of a rush just yet.
They are doing weird stuff here too. They cut 10% of the jobs and they are going to run a school and qualify more drivers. We have been chronically short drivers forever but the timing is still odd considering the cuts.

Johney

Yea it is kinda weird timing with everything going on. They told me to get my permit by April 14th. My local driver license place is not even open for the COVID-19 stuff sooo that should be interesting lol. In package they keep telling us about layoffs so I am expecting them to push school for feeder back.
I suspect they will push it back, maybe not.

They are doing weird stuff here too. They cut 10% of the jobs and they are going to run a school and qualify more drivers. We have been chronically short drivers forever but the timing is still odd considering the cuts.
They have yet to cut runs here but we all have our ides on what is getting the axe soon.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
How was your guys family life working nights? Wife isn’t sure about being alone all night with a 2yr old. Trying to weigh my pros and cons. Thinking of maybe passing up the opportunity this time, but at the same time it’s my retirement plan so kinda going back and forth. Family is the most important to me right now and just couldn’t imagine not tucking the little one to bed every night etc. thoughts please?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How was your guys family life working nights? Wife isn’t sure about being alone all night with a 2yr old. Trying to weigh my pros and cons. Thinking of maybe passing up the opportunity this time, but at the same time it’s my retirement plan so kinda going back and forth. Family is the most important to me right now and just couldn’t imagine not tucking the little one to bed every night etc. thoughts please?

Shoot me her digits

I’ll be sure she’s not lonely

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
No one can make that decision for you, man. Around here you will be working nights when you first start as all the senior guys like working during the day. You just gotta weigh which is more important and it sounds like you’ve already made that decision.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
No one can make that decision for you, man. Around here you will be working nights when you first start as all the senior guys like working during the day. You just gotta weigh which is more important and it sounds like you’ve already made that decision.
I turned down package 4 times before I finally accepted fulltime. Like I said, I want the easier work load etc but the nights are holding me back right now bc of the little one mostly. Been at ups 15yrs and I turn 34 this year, surely I’ll have more chances hopefully. Idk tough decision sigh

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A lot of guys at work say they actually have more time with their kids in feeders than they did in package. Just gotta plan the time a little differently. Your wife definitely needs to be on board though.

quad decade guy

I turned down package 4 times before I finally accepted fulltime. Like I said, I want the easier work load etc but the nights are holding me back right now bc of the little one mostly. Been at ups 15yrs and I turn 34 this year, surely I’ll have more chances hopefully. Idk tough decision sigh

Family life? At 34 you might have a chance to be near the top of seniority in about

30 years. The longer you wait the less that is likely. Longer you wait, the longer you stay

on nights. With vigorous manipulation of scheduling and bidding, you might see

your child in a normal setting i.e. soccer games, plays etc. For example: my wife quit

her job to stay home with our daughter when born till 1st grade. But then, my 15 years

of pkg. pretty much made me miss most of my daughter growing up being that I

usually got home around 8-9pm. Pick your poison. Some people skip through

working nights with nary a problem. Some get divorced, fat or die early. The problem

is once you go feeder, you can never go back-at least here. Working nights is a

state of mind attitude.