govols019

You smell that?
There's a fix for that.

See if the shop has the Eaton Service Ranger Software and change the reverse setting to creep mode.

I asked the mechanic for the 276 they gave me about a software fix and he looked at me like I had a turd hanging out of my mouth.

I want my 268 International back

Indecisi0n

How come our tractors on engine brake only go :
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrraaaaaaaaaappppppppppp ?
I want to make it go :
BEEERRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Johney

Our mechanic installed that update and I didn't care for it at all and asked him to remove it which he did. I guess cause I've drive the same tractor I just got use to it and have been able to make it work, now when I first got it...forget it I'd dam near move the building when putting a trailer on the door.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Our mechanic installed that update and I didn't care for it at all and asked him to remove it which he did. I guess cause I've drive the same tractor I just got use to it and have been able to make it work, now when I first got it...forget it I'd dam near move the building when putting a trailer on the door.

I like it.

You can get out of creep mode anytime by just giving it some gas. I like using it for that last foot backing to a dock or I'll get under a trailer normally, and then use creep mode for the last foot so as not to slam the kingpin on a trailer.

The problem I had with the KW's was that you would give it a little gas....nothing. Give it a little more gas....nothing. Give it a little more gas and the clutch grabs and she slams the kingpin or dock. I did get used to using the brake and gas at the same time (which Eaton does not recommend doing) to keep from slamming, but creep mode only needs one foot.

Johney

I like it.

You can get out of creep mode anytime by just giving it some gas. I like using it for that last foot backing to a dock or I'll get under a trailer normally, and then use creep mode for the last foot so as not to slam the kingpin on a trailer.

The problem I had with the KW's was that you would give it a little gas....nothing. Give it a little more gas....nothing. Give it a little more gas and the clutch grabs and she slams the kingpin or dock. I did get used to using the brake and gas at the same time (which Eaton does not recommend doing) to keep from slamming, but creep mode only needs one foot.
Maybe you were using different tractors? All our KW's seem to act different and they are all 276 series. I'm in the same one all week and no one else uses it, now I've been told that the KW's will learn from a driver(might be B.S.) I rarely will slam the dock or a kingpin unless a shifter left it really low then you get that I gave it too much throttle issue to get under it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've heard UPS is going to change providors for their cellphone/computers because the service is so bad, at least down here. I think they currently use Sprint. Is this a national issue? Is this just sleeper teams or brown tractors as well?