Ask a Feeder Driver, Feeder Driver FAQ

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 104Feeder, Dec 11, 2012.

1. AlphaCureMom

AlphaCureMom New Member

Thanks

2. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

IMG_0591.jpg
    JB Hunt Amazon contract driver being safe........not!

3. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Just airing it out...

4. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

Maybe it’s full of airs?

5. quad decade guy

quad decade guy Active Member

I still don't understand why mileage jobs exist. Best I can figure, it might save the Company

30 min.? You could do the same thing if you allowed hourly to only take 30 min. meals. My 40 year

experience has been the Company does pretty much whatever they want eventually. Up to

and including layoff's or just cutting runs and have them reappear somewhere else or under

a different job number. My feeling about how much job opportunities and especially feeder

runs is pretty shocking compared to the last 15 years when we might get 1 to 2 new

seniority drivers who had been waiting years. I make way more now than I ever have and

we have 25 new positions posted. These are good times to be at UPS. And if you are willing,

you can add $50k a year to that $130k with a sleeper run. Think about that...In my building,

a $180k sleeper run goes begging to as little as 10 years seniority. I bitch a lot, but

find it difficult to say much right now.

6. quad decade guy

quad decade guy Active Member

I didn't have to either. Makes sense as we did for pkg also. Why do it again?

7. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

I won't pull a trailer with the wheels all the way back like that.

8. retiredTxfeeder

I used to pull them like that, but I was just cognizant when making turns. You do see that the guy is driving down the road with his doors open, right? I was putting gas in my pickup and I couldn't get a better pic of him.

9. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Do I see the doors open? Yes, but how the hell do I know he's driving down the road? I thought he was just parked there.
    You can't get past a weigh station here with the wheels like that on a single screw tractor.

10. retiredTxfeeder

IMG_0589.jpg
    I only posted the 1st pic cause it showed his doors clearly. Here he is making a right at an intersection.

11. Yeet

He’s got a twin screw. I agree though, I never drive it with the tandems all the way back, twin screw or no.

12. Knothead

Knothead Yep.

20200324_174025.jpg Seen on an Amazon trailer at an Amazon facility.

13. Yeet

You talking about the tires? Someone rubbed a curb, big deal. Flat spot on outer rear. Tread depth is a little low but I’ve moved way worse. That baby is good for another 2,000 miles at least. Yessir.

14. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

It's holding air, run it.

15. averageguy14

averageguy14 Member

Anywhere else start cutting runs due to this pandemic? Newpa cut a good amount already. I also heard Carlisle shut down. Anyone else hear anything or is that just a rumor?

16. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

They cut our two mall runs this week, anyone could see that coming. If the bottom drops out next week I'm sure they'll put a few more on the chopping block.

17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Business as usual.

18. jaryria

jaryria New Member

Local 804 sending 30 plus back to package.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Sweeper

Sweeper Where’s the broom?

They cut 10% here

20. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut Proud Deplorable

Out of how many?