Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Maybe you were using different tractors?

246 KW

I've heard UPS is going to change providors for their cellphone/computers because the service is so bad, at least down here.

We use Verizon here.

I don't understand how they could not recommend that..

The brake switch signals certain things for the tranny and clutch to do. They do not recommend "2 footing" as it could cause problems.

And no, they are just like any other Company. No driver input. The suits, or engineers, that never left their office and saw what the real world was like, made these decisions.

Sounds just like UPS, right?

govols019

You smell that?
246 KW

We use Verizon here.

The brake switch signals certain things for the tranny and clutch to do. They do not recommend "2 footing" as it could cause problems.

And no, they are just like any other Company. No driver input. The suits, or engineers, that never left their office and saw what the real world was like, made these decisions.

Sounds just like UPS, right?

True...I would love to have 15 minutes in a locked room with the person that signed off on buying the KWs.

The only good things about them are the middle visor and red light for the floorboard.

Don't even get me started on how they are made mostly of plastic.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We are Sprint...I will lose a signal twice a night while driving down I-40.
They have sprint down here also. The service is so bad, they are going to Verizon. I guess it's nationwide, but they are always the last to do things down here. Word is, everyone is going to go to Verizon.

Last edited:

govols019

You smell that?
Wonder what the failure rate is for the KW transmission?

I hated automatics in package and I don't like them in feeders.....I'm a truck driver, I want to shift gears the way God intended.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Wonder what the failure rate is for the KW transmission?

I hated automatics in package and I don't like them in feeders.....I'm a truck driver, I want to shift gears the way God intended.
Give me a manual Mack any day. We have guys here that refuse to drive a manual and I just don’t get it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Got a night run. No traffic.
Especially with the current pandemic, it's really been a piece of cake.
Rush hour in DC the other night:
337682_1586207774210.png

Mack37

These new auto transmissions are awful, I’m not sure the appeal. All postal tractors have been spec’d with Allison transmissions since the 1990’s and they are fantastic, it’s like driving a car more or less.