Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You run a sleeper? Ever run in traffic? Now when you tell me to increase my following distance....this thing wants a mile no bs. Come ride with me and "learn to deal with it". With all respect.
Sleeper team out of balmd rear-ended another vehicle, when they did the accident investigation they found that these guys had disabled the collision avoidance system. Needless to say it didn't go too well for the drivers. But you go ahead and do whatever you want.

robot

Has A Large Member
Ok...anyone else hate this new login for the IVIS? I usually have to put my info in 3-4 times before it takes and sometimes it locks up and I gotta restart.

been late like 5-6 times now since this crap got implemented

9.5er

Ok...anyone else hate this new login for the IVIS? I usually have to put my info in 3-4 times before it takes and sometimes it locks up and I gotta restart.

Yeah the new system (or update) sucks. I have been late once because of it. I normally get to work 10 minutes or so before SW. I log on as soon as I get there to be sure it goes thru.
Also having more inbound failures. Had to go in office to let Oms know what bays I put my trailers in. Oms was going nuts, working 2 computers trying get my stuff put in correctly. Talking smack about the system the whole time.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I turn in time card correction sheets a couple times a week now. They can pay me to stand there and login over and over, I'm not getting there early for that crap.

Indecisi0n

Boomer ?
It takes me a minute to login. Why are you cutting it so close to getting to work anyway?

ManInBrown

I turn in time card correction sheets a couple times a week now. They can pay me to stand there and login over and over, I'm not getting there early for that crap.
Bingo. I walk in the dispatch office two minutes before start time. I was late 4 out of 5 days last week. Had to log on and log off 10 times to punch in. Enter employee, enter password and it takes you right back to the beginning. Great system. They can pay me to stand there for 20 minutes trying to punch in. I’m not showing up early.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Bingo. I walk in the dispatch office two minutes before start time. I was late 4 out of 5 days last week. Had to log on and log off 10 times to punch in. Enter employee, enter password and it takes you right back to the beginning. Great system. They can pay me to stand there for 20 minutes trying to punch in. I’m not showing up early.
how can they pay you if you're not logged in??
LOL

robot

Has A Large Member
Boomer ?
It takes me a minute to login. Why are you cutting it so close to getting to work anyway?
It takes me 7 minutes to get to work. I use to leave 15 mins before my start time and always had 4-5 mins wait time before my start time.

this new google portal is garbage. It never fails to :censored2: up and now I’m showing 4-5 mins late. I just fill out the time card correction log and payroll fixes it.

ManInBrown

It takes me 7 minutes to get to work. I use to leave 15 mins before my start time and always had 4-5 mins wait time before my start time.

this new google portal is garbage. It never fails to :censored2: up and now I’m showing 4-5 mins late. I just fill out the time card correction log and payroll fixes it.
Time card correction log? What the heck is that? We have to leave our person a handwritten note and hope they get it and check five times to see if it was fixed.

robot

Has A Large Member
Time card correction log? What the heck is that? We have to leave our person a handwritten note and hope they get it and check five times to see if it was fixed.

we have a folder outside the dispatch window. If there’s anything wrong (can’t log in, forgot to punch for meal etc.) with our time card we write it down in there. I think payroll checks every evening

Siveriano

I Have a question.
How does bidding on local 177 works?

This week I bid on 5 different jobs and also put my building sun-thu as primary choice and mon-fri as second choice incase the first 5 bid got awarded to someone else.

Today they put up the list and non of the route i bid on got covered yet I got sent to another building that i didnt even bid on.

I asked a coworker and for what he told me is that putting your name on a route is just a formality because they will just place you on any job they want.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I Have a question.

This week I bid on 5 different jobs and also put my building sun-thu as primary choice and mon-fri as second choice incase the first 5 bid got awarded to someone else.

Today they put up the list and non of the route i bid on got covered yet I got sent to another building that i didnt even bid on.

I asked a coworker and for what he told me is that putting your name on a route is just a formality because they will just place you on any job they want.
Sounds pretty crazy, what does your supplement say? Here cover drivers run what they bid.

ManInBrown

I Have a question.

Write every job you want to cover in the order of your preference. If you didn’t get any of the jobs you bid on, that means drivers with more seniority on the spare list bid those jobs also. Once they get to the end of your choices, if all those jobs are gone you get placed on the job remaining with earliest start time left at any building. Doesn’t matter building or M-friend, S-T, or T-S. If you specifically don’t want to work at a certain building then what you do is after you write in all your job picks, at the end you write in no such and such building. My advice to you is, do not write in 5 jobs since you are brand new. Chances are most weeks you won’t get any of them. Write in as many as the paper will allow you to write in for the space you have, to avoid getting stuck somewhere you don’t want to be.

And the co worker who told you it’s a waste of time bidding jobs, because they put you wherever they want anyway. don’t ask him for advice anymore. He’s clueless. That’s not the way it works.

Last edited:

What'dyabringmetoday???

I Have a question.

Thank goodness for strong union representation. Lol.