Siveriano

First week by myself.
It was a pretty good week, no gps needed just read the paper they printed out with directions and a lot of common sense.
Went to OREPA (2 hours drive) couple of times, CRANJ and the rest was local.
Heavy OT (16 hours) worked Saturday and now got monday off (34 hour reset)
Parking was all good, had to take a couple of loads to NYC 2 buildings there pretty tight parking but totally doable.

Schedule ain't that bad, plenty of open routes on my building so can really choose for almost anything.

Management seems to be happy with my performance.

Even tho is a whole different world compared to package and a lot of more responsibility, still kinda sad of how different management teams can be compare to packages.

Advice for packages is put your name on the list.

Now a question i have is , why do most drivers fly on the interstate highway, i set my speed to 55 and go but those guys go almost 70 mph

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
First week by myself.
It was a pretty good week, no gps needed just read the paper they printed out with directions and a lot of common sense.
Parking was all good, had to take a couple of loads to NYC 2 buildings there pretty tight parking but totally doable.

Schedule ain't that bad, plenty of open routes on my building so can really choose for almost anything.

Even tho is a whole different world compared to package and a lot of more responsibility, still kinda sad of how different management teams can be compare to packages.

Now a question i have is , why do most drivers fly on the interstate highway, i set my speed to 55 and go but those guys go almost 70 mph
Tony Luke's is right down the street from OREPA if you're hungry.

Indecisi0n

First week by myself.

My manger told me when I was in training , don't get hurt and don't get into any accidents. I don't want to do all that paperwork. He said, do that and your good.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
First week by myself.

We had about 5-6 of the same runs that I had one of them my last 5 years. Everyone would pass me while I went 55 and listened to Sirius radio. I averaged about 45 minutes and an hour more than anyone else on the same run. That adds up to some SERIOUS money in OT in the course of a year. Over 20-25 years that is a major difference. Look at the BIG PICTURE. In my 23 years at UPS , it was probably a quarter of a million dollars more. All invested in 401k that ended up close to 7 figures .

So what about those other drivers? Not too smart. I retired 5 years early and they are still working .

Siveriano

We had about 5-6 of the same runs that I had one of them my last 5 years. Everyone would pass me while I went 55 and listened to Sirius radio. I averaged about 45 minutes and an hour more than anyone else on the same run. That adds up to some SERIOUS money in OT in the course of a year. Over 20-25 years that is a major difference. Look at the BIG PICTURE. In my 23 years at UPS , it was probably a quarter of a million dollars more. All invested in 401k that ended up close to 7 figures .

So what about those other drivers? Not too smart. I retired 5 years early and they are still working .
Thats like what i dont get, like yesterday we were just moving loads from the rail yard back to the hub and those guys were running like crazy, going 45 on a 25 zone and stuff. Didnt run on package aint gonna do it now on feeders.

Also as far as i know we get plenty of time allowance my SUP was showing me that I had 2 hours and 45 minutes for a ride that will take about 2 hours on the speed limit.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Thats like what i dont get, like yesterday we were just moving loads from the rail yard back to the hub and those guys were running like crazy, going 45 on a 25 zone and stuff. Didnt run on package aint gonna do it now on feeders.

Also as far as i know we get plenty of time allowance my SUP was showing me that I had 2 hours and 45 minutes for a ride that will take about 2 hours on the speed limit.
It's all about safety with feeder. you make a mistake and someone gets hurt or killed so the allowances are much more liberal. those drivers rushing and everything are a managements dream but if they get in an accident and hurt someone , do you think the company will back them up? even the union may not be able to help them.
so it's best to do the job right and safely.

good luck.

ManInBrown

Why are you worried about time allowances? That should never enter your head in feeders. It should not even enter someone’s head in package. Do the job the right way and don’t worry about stupid sheet.

Also why did you say you think they are happy with your performance? Who cares. You came from package. You’re not off the street begging for a job. You made it to feeders. Kick back and chill and do the job the right way. End of story.

I’m in the 177 also. I can tell you right now if you are from my building which I don’t know. The on roads couldn’t care less about time allowance. Don’t be late to Albany for the sort and the same for buildings like that and you’ll be fine. They don’t care how long it takes you to get to Bergen. I’ve never been spoken to one time About anything like that. You gotta learn something. This isn’t package. They don’t bother you about stupid sheet. I’ve said 25 words to management in the few years I’ve been in feeders. Get package out of your head.

I drive 55 everywhere. When the load gets there, it gets there.

quad decade guy

Why are you worried about time allowances? That should never enter your head in feeders. It should not even enter someone’s head in package. Do the job the right way and don’t worry about stupid sheet.

Also why did you say you think they are happy with your performance? Who cares. You came from package. You’re not off the street begging for a job. You made it to feeders. Kick back and chill and do the job the right way. End of story.

I’m in the 177 also. I can tell you right now if you are from my building which I don’t know. The on roads couldn’t care less about time allowance. Don’t be late to Albany for the sort and the same for buildings like that and you’ll be fine. They don’t care how long it takes you to get to Bergen. I’ve never been spoken to one time About anything like that. You gotta learn something. This isn’t package. They don’t bother you about stupid sheet. I’ve said 25 words to management in the few years I’ve been in feeders. Get package out of your head.

I drive 55 everywhere. When the load gets there, it gets there.
55 everywhere. I understand. However, driving 20 below the limit in normal conditions could (I imagine) for example, be considered stealing time. One could imagine....Given the "on time feeder network". Especially if it led to a load of late airs for example. I know of a person being accused of just such a thing.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
55 everywhere. I understand. However, driving 20 below the limit in normal conditions could (I imagine) for example, be considered stealing time. One could imagine....Given the "on time feeder network". Especially if it led to a load of late airs for example. I know of a person being accused of just such a thing.

We've had the same thing happen. Drivers go 1.5 - 2 hours over everyday but when they do the ride along they are made to drive the speed limit and get back on schedule. After that, supervisors hound them and they change their ways or bid to something else.

We lost a run last year because the driver from our building milked it so hard the meet point driver kept missing the day sort he was going back to. They were bypass loads and I guess now they meet the other building at a rest stop and bypass our building altogether.

Myself, if I drove 55 everywhere I would run out of drive time a couple days a week. I usually run 550+ mile runs everyday. Last week I was at 3500 miles with an extra day of work.