barnyard

KTM rider
We don’t do 8 hours here .... lol u get back to the hub in 8 and your azs is gonna shift
I don't work in a hub. I had to be off at 4a to get a 34 hour reset. Instead of making a couple of runs to the railyard, they sent me to my building with a set and said it was good enough. Friday is my 6th day, I start at 1400 on Sunday for CPUs. This week, I'll have 35 hours off. Yay me.

Feeder was the best thing that happened to me. I did one year in package and signed a Feeder bid that no one else signed... I was called few weeks later to start studying for my permit. The rest was history. I went from first progression to top scale in one year and couldn't have been more happy. Now 5 years in Feeder, I'm still happy.

If you're intimidated by driving big rig and the skills that come along with it, you should be. Respecting the equipment is one of the key to being a skilled driver. I see a lot of people get cocky in Feeders and those are the people that tear things up the most. Always remember that big rigs will kill instantly, not cause accidents.

The best perk that I really liked was jumping into top scale right away. At least that's the way it works in my local. Secondly, all the lifting of any kind of packages was left behind. I don't miss those bulk stops or those heavy pickups at all. Although Feeder is more mentally exhausted rather than physical which allows you to exert energy for a nice work out when you get off work. I can go all night. Just sign that list and don't look back.

quad decade guy

Feeder was the best thing that happened to me. I did one year in package and signed a Feeder bid that no one else signed... I was called few weeks later to start studying for my permit. The rest was history. I went from first progression to top scale in one year and couldn't have been more happy. Now 5 years in Feeder, I'm still happy.

If you're intimidated by driving big rig and the skills that come along with it, you should be. Respecting the equipment is one of the key to being a skilled driver. I see a lot of people get cocky in Feeders and those are the people that tear things up the most. Always remember that big rigs will kill instantly, not cause accidents.

The best perk that I really liked was jumping into top scale right away. At least that's the way it works in my local. Secondly, all the lifting of any kind of packages was left behind. I don't miss those bulk stops or those heavy pickups at all. Although Feeder is more mentally exhausted rather than physical which allows you to exert energy for a nice work out when you get off work. I can go all night. Just sign that list and don't look back.
Good for you. However, not that way for others. I waited 24 YEARS for my slot. Then didn't get "seniority" for 3 more years. Yet, off the street hires were steadily going ahead of me in the district. Does seniority matter? You bet. One place can doom you to dreaded CPU's for years. If you have a friend upped local and conference like I do, it doesn't really look like UPS at all. BTW, I was at "scale" for 24 years going into feeders.

quad decade guy

Hey, I resemble that remark! Over 30 years in, and I love doing CPUs!!!!
You can have em. Just pkg car in a feeder to me. And to those that think their pkg handling days are over.....I know of a few cpu runs that have the driver "delivering" a whole trailer. Dispatch gets real antsy(nasty) about pull time and arrivals. Generally in the worst drive time traffic too. You get all the bad things about pkg car plus negotiating heavy traffic with 53's.

Just give me a one stop TA and 12 hour day. I'd take an over night run(which I HATE) over any day CPU.

ManInBrown

What’s wrong with CPU’s? It’s not like you’re loading the trailers yourself. First 4 hours of my day are 3 live pickups. Get paid to sit in the cab and watch TV on my IPad.