ManInBrown

Just give me a one stop TA and 12 hour day. I'd take an over night run(which I HATE) over any day CPU.
I used to have the same attitude. Give me a one and done. The problem is most one and done’s at least where I am, start after 9pm. We have a few scattered one and done’s in the early morning and afternoon, but you’re not sniffing one of those jobs without 25+ years seniority.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My first bid in feeders I took an 11-12 hour run with one TA, 6 months was enough of that for me. After that I stayed on local runs til I retired.

ManInBrown

There’s only one downside to having CPU’s on a job out of my building. The pallet dock being staffed is hit or miss in the summer, at certain times of the day. It’s not like Meadow or WILPA where it’s staffed 24-7 with an army of employees. So it’s not fun cleaning out a trailer with 40 pallets in it when it’s 95 degrees out.

ManInBrown

My first bid in feeders I took an 11-12 hour run with one TA, 6 months was enough of that for me. After that I stayed on local runs til I retired.
Yeah you’re out of LAWNJ if I remember correctly. You guys have way more one and done jobs than my building. We probably only have 15-20. Early morning, afternoon, and the rest after 9pm. I used to like working the later hours when I first started. Less cars on the road. Mostly building to building. Once I got comfortable with everything I just want to start earliest possible. I don’t think I’d ever go back to nights. I’d love a one and done, that started at 1600. Not at 2230.

quad decade guy

Yeah you’re out of LAWNJ if I remember correctly. You guys have way more one and done jobs than my building. We probably only have 15-20. Early morning, afternoon, and the rest after 9pm. I used to like working the later hours when I first started. Less cars on the road. Mostly building to building. Once I got comfortable with everything I just want to start earliest possible. I don’t think I’d ever go back to nights. I’d love a one and done, that started at 1600. Not at 2230.
Well, each to his own. If I start at 16:00, I just miss my wife as she gets home at 16:00 then I wake her up in the middle of the night getting home. Then she wakes me up when she gets ready to go to work. See? At least working nights here affords us(wife/me) a little face time in person. Out of 200 drivers, we have just a handful of one stop TA's(day jobs). I hate nights but I have adjusted to it. Getting sleep therapy(cpap) changed my world.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was out of DULVA, but we worked for BURMD. Only ever had about 20 runs. The one and done run I had was a day run, started at 0915, at first I thought it was great but after 6 months I was sick of sitting in that seat all day. Spent the rest of my time working local at night, spent a lot of time sleeping at the airport. I didn't love the night work but I didn't really mind it much either and it ended up working out better for my homelife schedule-wise.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You can have em. Just pkg car in a feeder to me. And to those that think their pkg handling days are over.....I know of a few cpu runs that have the driver "delivering" a whole trailer. Dispatch gets real antsy(nasty) about pull time and arrivals. Generally in the worst drive time traffic too. You get all the bad things about pkg car plus negotiating heavy traffic with 53's.

Just give me a one stop TA and 12 hour day. I'd take an over night run(which I HATE) over any day CPU.
But you are a sleeper guy...

What'dyabringmetoday???

Attachments

• IMG_4845.PNG
    IMG_4845.PNG
    666.3 KB · Views: 110

quad decade guy

You were saying??
? I looked at it. And?

See, you aren't paying attention. You don't know me. And you don't know what you are talking about. Your thirst for hate makes you look stupid. If you you knew me(which you don't) you would realize your mistake. There are some basic errors in your timelines and guesses(and assumptions) because again you don't know me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
? I looked at it. And?

See, you aren't paying attention. You don't know me. And you don't know what you are talking about. Your thirst for hate makes you look stupid. If you you knew me(which you don't) you would realize your mistake. There are some basic errors in your timelines and guesses(and assumptions) because again you don't know me.

What'dyabringmetoday???

? I looked at it. And?

Sure. That's why you said they use your tractor to train. Don't need to know you sport.