ManInBrown

If you hit any kind of delay or “break” you will be explaining yourself here. If I’m waiting on a train, codriver, getting held on the door, whatever I just take the hit. They know these things happen and I’ve never been called into the office for on property time.
Activity->feeder->meal (for your lunch break), shift (for yard shifting)
Activity->non feeder->washer (for washing the tractor or sweeping trailers)
Schedule edit (to view or edit legs)
DOT log->hours summary report (to count the money)

Other than that and hitting arrive, leave, or punch out is relatively useless.
Cleaning out a trailer or searching for an empty at a building. Non feeder-washer

washing tractor in the car wash. Combined work-wash

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
At least down here, all the sleeper tractors are rentals from Penske.

Attachments

• IMG_2952.PNG
    IMG_2952.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 61

robot

Has A Large Member
I just saw a contractor on our yard with his trailer doors open and a couple loaders still inside banging on the side trying to get him to stop

quad decade guy

Amazing. A thoughtful and helpful post and not the slightest bit condescending or elitist. There’s hope for you yet.
Wow....a backhanded compliment.

You might consider......we never get vary far(in conversation) until I'm smeared, belittled and on and on....

I've got a lot to offer from my experience.....alas it never gets that far. I've always said I'd rather stick to the subject....

Now, as far as your criticism of me and your perceptions, jealousy and envy....that's your burden to bear.

Btw, it is interesting that supplies of all kinds were mentioned here and nary a word about folks buying their own stuff....very odd....

yet I'm belittled for buying Windex .......odd. I don't find buying my own 2-wheeler any different than buying a hammer or yes, Windex.

ManInBrown

If you’re a feeder driver that pulls onto property, bobtail or pulling a trailer and immediately tosses your hazards on. Please don’t drive around the entire property with your hazards on. Hazards should only be used when you are getting ready to make a move like back on a door or pulling over to the side, or sitting stationary on the side. It’s super annoying. And you don’t have to drive around the yard with your fog lights on. We all see you.

trickpony1

If you’re a feeder driver that pulls onto property, bobtail or pulling a trailer and immediately tosses your hazards on. Please don’t drive around the entire property with your hazards on. Hazards should only be used when you are getting ready to make a move like back on a door or pulling over to the side, or sitting stationary on the side. It’s super annoying. And you don’t have to drive around the yard with your fog lights on. We all see you.
Some hubs require everyone have their hazards on.

The pkg car washers that come flying around the corners may not see you hence the fog lights.

Hope this helps.

quad decade guy

District policy here: hazard signals mandatory. No fog lights allowed on yard. No lights on at the dock/doors(fire hazard)(yes it's happened).

Super annoying to you but Super effective(visibility).

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I’m a FT RPCD now and got the call from feeders this week inviting me to take a road test.

I have my CDL with doubles/triples already, but I got it on a military waiver. I’m gonna be blunt, I suck at a 10 speed. I can drive a standard car, I shift my Harley fine, I'm self taught enough to shift the yard with the standard tractors, but have minimal experience with a standard tractor out on public roads. I explained this to the feeders supervisor and the feeder trainer when they called that I was concerned about running a stick and they both said not to worry about it because we mostly only have automatics.

Fast forward two days later half of the feeders in my small center have been replaced with 10 speeds. I have about a 2/3 chance of taking a standard truck in this test now.

My center manager let me practice in the yard this weekend, and I can run up the gears fine, but really struggling with getting the RPMs right for downshifting. I called one of our feeder drivers and he said he thinks it’s more the truck being old and worn out than it is me not being capable of figuring it out, but that doesn’t help me for this road test.

I have no concerns at all about being able to drive a tractor trailer on the roads, be it long box or doubles set. I’m a drivers trainer teaching new soldiers how to operate tractor trailers for the National Guard now, and have won our truck rodeo every year that I’ve competed in it. I can drive, but can’t shift. I know it’s pathetic but it’s my reality.

Feeders really is my end goal here at UPS, and I’m not feeling great about this chance I finally have. Any suggestions on what I should do? I thought about reaching back out to the feeder department but I don’t want to sink my own ship here by telling them how bad im struggling. I also don’t want to waste anyone’s time by failing the test either. We do have one or two automatic tractors in my center that I could road test in if UPS is willing to train me on the 10 speed. I called my shop steward and he said I should just ask to test in the automatic. He mentioned there might be some kind of language in the master or our supplement that we are supposed to have all automatic tractors anyways, but that doesn’t sound right to me.

Any advice you guys can give would be much appreciated here.
Fastest way to lose your clutch brake here is to let an On-road drive your tractor. Since you have the license in a manual you're golden. Best way to learn how to drive a Super 10 is to stop using the clutch except in 1st or Reverse. I used to fake the foot movement just to satisfy a sup on a check ride.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Some hubs require everyone have their hazards on.

The pkg car washers that come flying around the corners may not see you hence the fog lights.

Hope this helps
That’s the way it is here. Four ways on the entire time you are on property. Although I agree with @ManInBrown they should just be used when backing or parking to avoid confusion. That’s why we give each other plenty of room to maneuver in our yard. It’s a big hub, no reason to ride the guy in front of you.