trickpony1

My hub was built when 40 ft dropframes and 26 ft (yes, 26 ft) dropframes were all we had.
Now we have 53 ft.
Trailers got bigger but the yard didn't.

Fun.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
My hub was built when 40 ft dropframes and 26 ft (yes, 26 ft) dropframes were all we had.
Now we have 53 ft.
Trailers got bigger but the yard didn't.

Fun.
Ours was built in the 80’s. I remember loading those drop frames. The building stayed the same until about 2 years ago and we are in the middle of a multi million dollar renovation and expansion. The building is now 1/3 bigger and everything and I mean everything was ripped out and replaced with new tech. Sorting has been completely automated. Irreg trains drive themselves. It’s nuts. We are now 2 years in and they are still not done.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1619971142035.png

HFolb23

Finished my two weeks of feeder training. Wound up having two productive weeks instead of one non-productive and one production week.

The training went well and while I’m still not 100% on the IVIS and still slow building a set I’m feeling good about this job.

My only concern I have is that I spent my two weeks of training driving an automatic tractor and on my very last day they gave me a 10 speed that I’m still not great with. I can get it down the road, I’m better at floating the gears than I am with double clutching. Still struggling downshifting but getting better. If I knew I was going to get put into a 10 speed truck I wish I could’ve had one for the two weeks of training and not just introduced to it the last day. Spotting a dolly and building a set with this tractor makes me really nervous, the clutch is very stiff and feathering it to back up smoothly is uncomfortable and difficult. My trainer even mentioned that the clutch is not normally so tight, so that made me feel better about it not just being my own fault. I’m sure I’ll get used to it eventually but making my 30 punches would be a lot less stressful if I could have the automatic back that I got used to.

There’s a bunch of little things that need to be wrote up on the truck, hopefully the supervisors and mechanics don’t think I’m trying to get out of it by sending it to the shop. Really trying to make a good impression on my new coworkers and supervisors.

quad decade guy

Finished my two weeks of feeder training. Wound up having two productive weeks instead of one non-productive and one production week.

The training went well and while I’m still not 100% on the IVIS and still slow building a set I’m feeling good about this job.

My only concern I have is that I spent my two weeks of training driving an automatic tractor and on my very last day they gave me a 10 speed that I’m still not great with. I can get it down the road, I’m better at floating the gears than I am with double clutching. Still struggling downshifting but getting better. If I knew I was going to get put into a 10 speed truck I wish I could’ve had one for the two weeks of training and not just introduced to it the last day. Spotting a dolly and building a set with this tractor makes me really nervous, the clutch is very stiff and feathering it to back up smoothly is uncomfortable and difficult. My trainer even mentioned that the clutch is not normally so tight, so that made me feel better about it not just being my own fault. I’m sure I’ll get used to it eventually but making my 30 punches would be a lot less stressful if I could have the automatic back that I got used to.

There’s a bunch of little things that need to be wrote up on the truck, hopefully the supervisors and mechanics don’t think I’m trying to get out of it by sending it to the shop. Really trying to make a good impression on my new coworkers and supervisors.
Write it up....they'll give you a 10 speed rental....lolololol.

Around here those "bunch of little things" will still be there into perpetuity(look it up).....

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

Supervisor has no idea how a clutch feels.

browned_out

I just wanted to post this and see if any other feeder drivers have received this message on their ivis. We received this on Thursday of last week, we are in California in case your wondering.

I can’t find any information on the DOT website to clarify that this needs to be done???? Of course our dispatch is of no help, no real answers. I did hear that one of our buildings failed a DOT audit and this is why we are being told to comply.

I’ll try to find out more info and post it, seems bizarre because I believe the ivis makes a log that can be emailed to whoever. So why we have to fill out a paper log seems redundant.

Attachments

• B538BB1B-A706-4022-AD6C-B4699067F7D5.jpeg
    B538BB1B-A706-4022-AD6C-B4699067F7D5.jpeg
    344.6 KB · Views: 95
I just wanted to post this and see if any other feeder drivers have received this message on their ivis. We received this on Thursday of last week, we are in California in case your wondering.

I can’t find any information on the DOT website to clarify that this needs to be done???? Of course our dispatch is of no help, no real answers. I did hear that one of our buildings failed a DOT audit and this is why we are being told to comply.

I’ll try to find out more info and post it, seems bizarre because I believe the ivis makes a log that can be emailed to whoever. So why we have to fill out a paper log seems redundant.
Haven't heard that hear. Drivers go over 12 on a regular basis.

over9five

Staff member

That is dumb.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Question to the sleeper team drivers....Did the company go nationwide on the new policy of maximum utilization on sleeper runs? Meaning you don 't come back to your home domicile the whole week. It started down here last week. Driver I keep in touch with got 18 hours of delay time last week. Makes sense to me.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
If you do not return to home domicile in under 12 hours, you are required to turn in a paper log. That is from your start time to either log off duty or on duty not driving , not the last time you were at your terminal/hub/yard.