Upsguy213

Is feeder really worth it? I’ve made it through most of my probation, and I still don’t know if I want to do it. I wanted to give a try, but I haven’t really fell in love with the job like most drivers do.

Cowboy Mac

I’ve done package already. I meant almost done with feeder probation. No accidents in package
So you would rather go back to package and bust your butt in the heat of summer and cold of winter? To eventually get injured and have to have surgery. Sounds to me like you haven’t been in package long enough to appreciate this opportunity you have been given.

Upsguy213

4 years. Don’t ever feel like I’m “busting my butt” and I think feeder has more drivers on disability than package. Just trying to get different perspectives

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
4 years. Don’t ever feel like I’m “busting my butt” and I think feeder has more drivers on disability than package. Just trying to get different perspectives

I literally could not sit still long enough to be a feeder driver. I’ve heard other package drivers with a lot more seniority say the same thing. So if you think it’s not for you, you wouldn’t be the only one.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you're happy in package stay in package. If you're not happy in package feeders then is definitely worth a shot, at least it will be a change. At least where I'm at you can always go back to package in a couple years if you decide feeders isn't your thing.

HFolb23

The only thing I like more about package is the daytime hours, and the inconsistency of them takes away a lot from that.

I like pretty much every other aspect of feeder more than package from the equipment, job duties, and general culture.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
4 yrs in pkg !!
Lol. That's a lot for the new modern day new feeder driver,, I'll give you that ,, you newer guys came to UPS at the right time , most of us older guys did 15 to 20 on a Brownie !!
You'll get used to it and believe me , your body will thank you for it !

Upsguy213

4 yrs in pkg !!
Lol. That's a lot for the new modern day new feeder driver,, I'll give you that ,, you newer guys came to UPS at the right time , most of us older guys did 15 to 20 on a Brownie !!
You'll get used to it and believe me , your body will thank you for it !
I know. I know someone who has been with the company for almost 5 years total and has been in feeder for 9 months already

Upsguy213

The only thing I like more about package is the daytime hours, and the inconsistency of them takes away a lot from that.

I like pretty much every other aspect of feeder more than package from the equipment, job duties, and general culture.
That’s the main thing for me. If I have to go total opposite and work nights. I think it would be hard to adapt.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was concerned about working nights when I first went to feeders and at least for me it turned out not to be any big deal. I kinda liked working nights.

Upsguy213

No, I have no idea what your goals are. To expound on each possible scenario would require too much time and make my thumbs hurt. How old are you, how long have you been with UPS, and what supplement do you work under?
I’m 32 . I’ve been with ups just over 13 years. As far as the supplement, I’m not sure; I work out of Southern California if that helps.

goals are pretty much retire as soon as I’m eligible. Which I have to say, I don’t even really know how that works with the golden 80 rule. I know that part time years count as half, but it still confuses me.