DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There’s nothing worse than that one construction worker that feels the need to stand 3 inches from the only open lane of traffic. I swear they act like they wanna die. Was headed to Wilpa one night and in the summer there is constant traffic on that stretch of the PA turnpike. This idiot was on his hands and knees with his backside inches from the only open lane of traffic.
They've either got enormous balls or tiny brains.
Maybe both.

Dubl51

So I'm a new package driver and am already frustrated with how it's going. I like the job, I like driving and obviously I like making money. But I've been running air ever since I started and have yet to do anything for my 30 days.

Can I put my name on the feeder list prior to my 30 or do I need to wait until after? Thinking that's the route I'm going to take here long term.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I'm a new package driver and am already frustrated with how it's going. I like the job, I like driving and obviously I like making money. But I've been running air ever since I started and have yet to do anything for my 30 days.

Can I put my name on the feeder list prior to my 30 or do I need to wait until after? Thinking that's the route I'm going to take here long term.
Put your name on the list what’s the worst they can do
Scratch it out

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

Put your name on every list for any job you are willing to take.

WannaBeFeeder

Give it time .... you think you just gonna get up in that semi as a noob and all your frustrations are gonna go away ? Its common to be frustrated somewhat when learning a new job

HFolb23

This might ruffle some feathers in here but having done both, I think qualifying in feeder was significantly easier than qualifying in package. Your issue of being low man on the totem pole doesn’t necessarily go away with coming to feeders though, unless you’re lucky enough to get a full time bid you’re still going to spend a lot of time on the extra list.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
This might ruffle some feathers in here but having done both, I think qualifying in feeder was significantly easier than qualifying in package. Your issue of being low man on the totem pole doesn’t necessarily go away with coming to feeders though, unless you’re lucky enough to get a full time bid you’re still going to spend a lot of time on the extra list.
Way easier. In feeders, as long as you show up and don’t wreck anything, you’re pretty much in. They can DQ you in package for sneezing.

Non sequitur

Way easier. In feeders, as long as you show up and don’t wreck anything, you’re pretty much in. They can DQ you in package for sneezing.
Job should be reserved for guys and gals with 20 plus years seniority. It's a premium job classification so you better get on bored with seniority respect in feeders.
Any job gets easy when you're at it. Personally I thought package was easy. They just lost respect for the producers and grey beards.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Job should be reserved for guys and gals with 20 plus years seniority. It's a premium job classification so you better get on bored with seniority respect in feeders.
Any job gets easy when you're at it. Personally I thought package was easy. They just lost respect for the producers and grey beards.
Used to be that way until about 4 years ago. Had to have at least 15 in package to have any hope of landing a feeder bid. Now we have off the street hires and kids who worked in the hub for a year part time.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That changed with the incredible demand but I agree with you. We had a lot of clowns come out of the building right into feeder. what a friggin nightmare that was. Accidents on a weekly basis. The yard was like a war zone. I couldnt stand it.

The last year of my career I was a driver mentor and took some of these drivers on ride alongs. These would be the new drivers that had a couple accidents in their first 90 days. A couple of them I told the feeder boss " No, I ain't taking them "

At least when package guys came over they had a professional work ethics.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
The last year of my career I was a driver mentor and took some of these drivers on ride alongs.
DE92ABCE-B58C-4EBF-ABFD-6628B9C81F7D.gif

HFolb23

Anyone in here work in a center/hub that recently started delivering Saturday ground?

My little center starts in a few weeks, I’m FT cover feeder driver (mon-fri, worked a sun-thurs one time when they asked me if I could) but not sure how Saturday effects things. Do we have to rebid if our routes change schedules? Do PTers cover the Saturday work? Shop steward wasn’t sure, I’ve got a text out to my BA and waiting for a reply, just wondering how it may have effected others that have experienced that change.

robot

Has A Large Member
Anyone in here work in a center/hub that recently started delivering Saturday ground?

My little center starts in a few weeks, I’m FT cover feeder driver (mon-fri, worked a sun-thurs one time when they asked me if I could) but not sure how Saturday effects things. Do we have to rebid if our routes change schedules? Do PTers cover the Saturday work? Shop steward wasn’t sure, I’ve got a text out to my BA and waiting for a reply, just wondering how it may have effected others that have experienced that change.
In my local we are allowed to bump if they changed the start time by more than an hour or changed the scheduled days.

i work out of a larger hub. We have drivers working every day of the week. Some are schedule to work saturdays and they are full time bid drivers. So I’m not sure how that will affect your hub.

HFolb23

In my local we are allowed to bump if they changed the start time by more than an hour or changed the scheduled days.

i work out of a larger hub. We have drivers working every day of the week. Some are schedule to work saturdays and they are full time bid drivers. So I’m not sure how that will affect your hub.
Feeder office said no change for me. No night sort means no out bounds to move, not sure who is moving Monday’s preloads but the office says it won’t effect me so I decided not to dig into it too far.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Feeder office said no change for me. No night sort means no out bounds to move, not sure who is moving Monday’s preloads but the office says it won’t effect me so I decided not to dig into it too far.
Only thing that changed is they added yard shifting Saturday morning.