bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I’m 32 . I’ve been with ups just over 13 years. As far as the supplement, I’m not sure; I work out of Southern California if that helps.

goals are pretty much retire as soon as I’m eligible. Which I have to say, I don’t even really know how that works with the golden 80 rule. I know that part time years count as half, but it still confuses me.
13 year Teamster and you have no idea what local you're in? WTF?

I’m 32 . I’ve been with ups just over 13 years. As far as the supplement, I’m not sure; I work out of Southern California if that helps.

goals are pretty much retire as soon as I’m eligible. Which I have to say, I don’t even really know how that works with the golden 80 rule. I know that part time years count as half, but it still confuses me.
So you have roughly 17-18 years to go before you can retire, anything after that is your choice. Do you wanna be 50 slinging cardboard? Or would you rather have a mid shift in feeder doing 4 or 5 drops a day for your 10 or 11 hours? Your goals need to be identified, really. Are you trying to hit your 80 and out? Feeder is easier on your body if you eat well and take care of yourself. Don't be lazy, take care if yourself. Package has a somewhat normalized life cycle with days and nights, but still more like a swing shift to me and I hate it. If I'm going to be on a *ty schedule and miss stuff, I'd rather it be for more money and easier work.

Also, I'm in AZ, Same sup and rider, and we can bid back to package after 3 years of feeder, with no loss of seniority as long as there is an available opening.

Figure out what you want long-term, then make your decision.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
There is a girl here that had 1 year total seniority part time when she got the call for feeder. She’s been driving 2 years now and has 150 people below her.

Siveriano

Tomorrow im taking a load to Albany then im supposed to meal then wait like 1.5 hours for the load going back to my building.

Drivers from my building tell me that i dont have to report to the office on Albany and just wait until the load going back pull time, I have seen drivers come to my building and just wait like 2 hours for their load,
How true is is that you are not supposed to do job at a different local than yours?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Tomorrow im taking a load to Albany then im supposed to meal then wait like 1.5 hours for the load going back to my building.

Drivers from my building tell me that i dont have to report to the office on Albany and just wait until the load going back pull time, I have seen drivers come to my building and just wait like 2 hours for their load,
How true is is that you are not supposed to do job at a different local than yours?
What is it you want to do?
Jump in the unload if your feeling froggy
Or go over by the slide and break jams
Or go to the breakroom and see how much coffee you can swill

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

You don't have to report. They can not ask you to do anything.
Just wait for your load.
My shift was graveyard so we drivers used to just camp out in tractor and sleep.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The worst wake up is when your load is ready. Im never ready to get going after that. I just stay awake now.
ya. remember that especially if you went into a deep sleep. groggy. I would drink some coffee and then do a walk around inspection. usually we had pups so had to build the set. by then you would be wide awake.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

You are required to work as directed . but at the same time you dont have to offer your services or let them know you on property

HFolb23

Albany always watches my time card to make sure I’m staying gainfully employed. I see plenty of senior drivers sitting and waiting while I’m on shiftcom though. Shiftcom is usually pretty quiet there.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Once you inbound they know you're there, it's not like you're hiding from them. If you're not scheduled to shift then just go on central sort until someone tells you otherwise.

robot

Has A Large Member
Which one of you did this?

Attachments

• D0ED16A1-FD9E-42A4-A642-670A848B251C.jpeg
    D0ED16A1-FD9E-42A4-A642-670A848B251C.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 70

Siveriano

Yeah thanks to all, a SUP told me i should had brought a pillow with me and just to be ready at least 5 minutes before my pull time.

Saw a bunch of drivers sleeping on their tractors and some even brought those floodable chairs.

Next time ill bring a grill

Package Stick

"Send it."
There is a girl here that had 1 year total seniority part time when she got the call for feeder. She’s been driving 2 years now and has 150 people below her.
I would have been driving 3 years ago, but I was only 18 lol.

I'm only a month in, and have like 6 guys below me.

Trying out sleeper next week, 5500+ miles.