HFolb23

This is my first peak as a feeder driver and just curious if this is an annual thing, something other hubs are dealing with as well due to “covid/parts supply”, or it’s a problem limited to the hub I work at.

Late last week they collected and turned in all the rentals. We were short tractors even with the rentals. Red-tagged line-up isn’t much shorter than the available tractors line-up. Temps are gone, PTs not working, and we’re still short trucks.

We’ve been short tractors pretty much my entire time in feeder but this is the worst I’ve seen so far. We can’t even get tractors in for PMI because there’s nothing else to drive. We all know FNN isn’t the most reliable news network but someone at the fuel island mentioned they had heard about 3 drivers sharing a tractor…8hrs a man.

I know the mechanics are struggling getting some parts and that’s why most of the red tagged stuff is sitting. Folks in the office seem even more frustrated with it then the drivers so I’m sure the order to turn them in came from way over their heads.

Just curious if anyone else is dealing with such a drastic shortage right now.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is my first peak as a feeder driver and just curious if this is an annual thing, something other hubs are dealing with as well due to “covid/parts supply”, or it’s a problem limited to the hub I work at.

Late last week they collected and turned in all the rentals. We were short tractors even with the rentals. Red-tagged line-up isn’t much shorter than the available tractors line-up. Temps are gone, PTs not working, and we’re still short trucks.

We’ve been short tractors pretty much my entire time in feeder but this is the worst I’ve seen so far. We can’t even get tractors in for PMI because there’s nothing else to drive. We all know FNN isn’t the most reliable news network but someone at the fuel island mentioned they had heard about 3 drivers sharing a tractor…8hrs a man.

I know the mechanics are struggling getting some parts and that’s why most of the red tagged stuff is sitting. Folks in the office seem even more frustrated with it then the drivers so I’m sure the order to turn them in came from way over their heads.

Why worry about this
Show up at your start and let the men in the ivory tower figure it out

WannaBeFeeder

Lmao almost had to take the day off twice last month because of tractor shortages. We hired alot of drivers last year and i saw maybe 1 new tractor show up and it wasnt even new just a million mile 660 piece of junk no one wants to drive

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lmao almost had to take the day off twice last month because of tractor shortages. We hired alot of drivers last year and i saw maybe 1 new tractor show up and it wasnt even new just a million mile 660 piece of junk no one wants to drive
Why would you have to take the day off if the company can’t supply you with a tractor

HFolb23

Our oldest trucks are our most reliable right now it seems. Our new KWs keep having electrical issues. I’m not sure what all the Cascadias are red tagged for but they’re all fairly new too.

WannaBeFeeder

Our oldest trucks are our most reliable right now it seems. Our new KWs keep having electrical issues. I’m not sure what all the Cascadias are red tagged for but they’re all fairly new too.
Newer trucks are so computerized seems like somethings always wrong with them. My KW has been in shop for 2 months, comes back for one day and goes right back. Been towed back twice in the last 2 weeks

CHEMA-DELMA

Get the rentals but only on this date, return the rentals on this date. Tell the vendors do they know who they are renting to?
Years of the SOS on the mgmt side, now as a vendor. Now back in the drivers seat, told them if they want anything from me they have to take it for 6 months. They waited so long that their competitors took them off my hands. Then they call everyday with the same questions, Never changes in every operation they try do get by with 1 less truck.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

Last year I had to wait an average of 2 hours a day during peak for keys. Dispatch had about 20 guys standing around in there doing the same and a few more in the break room. It was a mess. This year I waited no longer than about 15 minutes.

Package Stick

"Send it."
Never have put anything delay down except when chaining…never have had anything said about it…some of the drivers have been told not to put down delays for certain things…whatever
I tap delay for blatant stuff.

Ex: today I was delayed at the rail yard, tapped rail yard delay.

I'm not anal about my times, but I do like to mildly CYA.

Johney

Ex: today I was delayed at the rail yard, tapped rail yard delay.
Kinda off topic but, the Ft.Lauderdale railyard which usually supplies 10 loads or more a night(outside of peak) from Jacksonville has been shut down for two weeks on incoming loads, they are still trying to catch up on returning empties to Jacksonville.

PCM Troll

Professional driver 👍this driver did a good job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220103-193124_Google News.jpg
    Screenshot_20220103-193124_Google News.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 38

ManInBrown

Rentals go back every year right around Xmas. Few days before. Ours went back a good week before. Doesn’t matter if they’re short tractors. They never keep the rentals to offset the shortage where I am. They’re banking on runners and good lil soldiers to use equipment that maybe isn’t in the best condition, and maybe shouldn’t e going on the road. And yes there are runners in feeders. Lot of them were package drivers that came over and just can’t shake the running attitude.