Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Trust me do it sooner than later. It definitly wasn't worth the extra $300 a month I was going to get with 35 years instead of 33.
Wait, you retired? Man I was wondering where you went you just stopped posting. Congratulations brother.

quad decade guy

I thought my point was pretty clear that working a second business is of little to no concern (and not sure where that has anything to do with DOT exams or failure to report accidents but hey.) My minor was in Statistics so maybe we can just stick to asking me about odds but be my guest.
I'm not surprised of your indifference. Lots of folks just like you. I just finished annual training for HOS etc. It's pretty clear about 2nd jobs, volunteering etc. Very clear.

Say, why do we get ANNUAL training on that? Just for kicks?
Why do we have our entire day/week down to the second...recorded?

You missed the example about lying on a DOT form. Again not surprised. You play the odds. You gamble. Ok till you get caught. Shrug. Example: I'm a pilot. I get a DOT flight physical every year. I also get my DOT CDL physical...same form. See? If you get prescribed a certain disqualifying med and don't report it. They can take both licenses. Poof! Just like that.

Assuming you get paid legally, your SS# could easily be tied together(2nd job). Pretty stupid considering where data is today.

You are a part time statistician?
Do they teach criminality too?
Something like: "The odds of getting caught lying about HOS are 100:1.....those are good odds...go for it". "Be sure and put that extra income in your 401k....but wash it into cash first...." That way, less traceable".(Ch. 2).
Note (2)-Just pray you don't have a major accident/kill someone. This is critical. To staying out of jail. End note.
Shrug...eh?

quad decade guy

Don’t argue with him…totally paranoid ….I’ve been here 30 years and been just fine not worrying about every gd thing that happens, some within my control, some not. Whatever… fear monger IMO
So odd. Breaking HOS rules is completely in your control.
So, following the law is totally paranoid? I don't worry about it....I follow the rules. Pretty simple.

Tell us more.

Say, we are arguing....about breaking Federal Law? Not me.
I'm just commenting on how foolish it really is. Shrug. It's your career/somebody else's life....

I want to work on airplanes on the weekends and get paid. I am a certified mechanic. Since all that is recorded in log books and folks pay by check...I just don't do it. Anything happens....its all there. Trust me, things happen.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So odd. Breaking HOS rules is completely in your control.
So, following the law is totally paranoid? I don't worry about it....I follow the rules. Pretty simple.

Tell us more.

Say, we are arguing....about breaking Federal Law? Not me.
I'm just commenting on how foolish it really is. Shrug. It's your career/somebody else's life....

I want to work on airplanes on the weekends and get paid. I am a certified mechanic. Since all that is recorded in log books and folks pay by check...I just don't do it. Anything happens....its all there. Trust me, things happen.
Does this mean I have to stop moonlighting as a pole dancer on the weekends?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And there is the problem and why if there is a strike you'll be out of a job buddy. Those scumbags will ease right in there and take over. And that's not even taking into consideration the losers that will cross the picket line in the first week.
You think that there would be massive people crossing the picket line??? I’m not so sure..I think some of these zoomers would just say fk it and find another job..seriously.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I picked up an extra day every week of peak. If it were available year round, I would do it at least twice a month. Some people are afraid of money.

Fully agree. We have been using them all year for the last two years. I’ve heard UPS is trying to train 90 more feeder drivers this year so hopefully that’ll cut that crap out.
You guys have any folks from pkg even going into feeder??? We have mostly hired off the street for 90% of the spots the last few years…it makes it easy since they already have a CDL, but I’d like to see our own gals and guys get these positions …