quad decade guy

Don’t argue with him…totally paranoid ….I’ve been here 30 years and been just fine not worrying about every gd thing that happens, some within my control, some not. Whatever… fear monger IMO
Interesting.

What is there to argue? No, really....are you saying there are legitimate reasons and justifications for committing crimes? Tell us more...
Realists, yes there are a lot of us. Proud to call myself a Realist. Pragmatist fits too.

I'm glad you get annual training about HOS as it seems like maybe in a few more years you'll get it. We do not. What's hysterical about all of this is that some of our management purchase items from one side business I know of, and the HOS is not even an issue even though 'they' hit max hours every week.

Please throw up more unrelated examples to bolster your argument. I'll just stay on topic. DOT physicals have nothing to do with HOS. Losing a pilot's license is even rarer.

Speaking of mechanics, every mechanic here has a side job and some are very profitable. They have CDL's too and shuttle tractors to the dealer and more. None report non-UPS HOS.

You seem confused about who has access to IRS and Social Security information. (SPOILER ALERT: DOT does not. Neither does the NTSB.) Look up "pass-through corporation" while you are at it.

Let me help you out here:

For a Bachelor's Degree, a major is a primary focus of study and a minor is a secondary focus of study. For example, you could major in Business and minor in Spanish. Majors are typically chosen to complement a student’s career goal, and a minor may be chosen to enhance the major. Mine was Political Science/Statistics. Criminal Justice is a whole different field of study.

Odds are not calculated by making them up. The NTSB has every case on their website and you can read the ones investigated involving commercial motor vehicle fatalities, then divide that by the total number of commercial motor vehicle fatalities (use NHTSA data). I went back to 2016 to calculate the probability (probability is only valid on the day I calculated it with the data available at that time).

"The odds of getting caught lying about HOS are 100:1" as stated would mean that for every 100 events, the event being getting caught lying about HOS, you were not getting caught lying one time. The Oxford comma is your friend here. You're thinking of payout odds at a craps table (and this is why there are so many people working a craps table and almost as many watching the people working.)
The odds expressed earlier, the likelihood of having a fatal commercial vehicle accident investigated by the NTSB would be 1:500. (Or stated another way, for every event, the event being a commercial motor vehicle accident fatality is investigated by the NTSB, there are 500 commercial motor vehicle accident fatalities not investigated by the NTSB.) The correct term is "probability" but it's easier for the layperson to understand and relate to odds.

You cannot make direct deposits to your 401k, cash or otherwise, but you could pay off a loan in full if you had one.. You could increase your contributions, or divert an option week, neither of which would raise any red flags as to extra income.

Maybe you've heard of our Feeder driver killed here in 2019 in a double fatality. I did a FOIA request regarding his accident because I suspected the other driver was fatigued. They didn't even look at either driver's log. NTSB didn't come out either. DPS: Two dead after crash on US-93 near Wickenburg

I don't pray, but everyone has a sincere desire to avoid having a serious accident and/or killing someone. My HOS would be the least of my concerns. I have one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the State on retainer for any reason that could land me in jail. You keep not making extra money as an aircraft pilot or mechanic; I'll keep doing my thing, and we'll both sleep well. Quad Decade must not refer to your years of service or you wouldn't be worried about being fired for any reason.
Let's do this:

Your point/position(fair?):
Absolutely- HOS Violations are crimes....civil and criminal but that is the least of your concerns....
Everybody does it including mgt.....knowingly and deliberately.
Even if you have an accident your chances/odds/whatever are 500 to 1,1 in 500 of being investigated by NTSB/DOT/FBI/Dept. Public Safety....
You have the best criminal attorney on retainer.....(wow...really?) because of that 500 to1, 1 in 500 chance. So, sort of a Tony Soprano wanna be....you skip through your day....knowing you have Saul....(you actually do think about it)(apparently)....
Any training, MVDC, ELD HOS, DOT forms are just bureaucratic formalities....that don't apply to you or your savvy friends?
You have an answer at the ready to flout/obfuscate/break/circumvent/justify any scenario/law.
Political Science(dirty politician/cheat/criminal.....sounds right)/Statistics(i.e. playing the odds of getting caught). You've actually been trained for this...

And Chief, you are sadly mistaken about who has access to your records OF ANY KIND.....

My position:

I follow/comply with the Law.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Interesting.

What is there to argue? No, really....are you saying there are legitimate reasons and justifications for committing crimes? Tell us more...

Let's do this:

Absolutely- HOS Violations are crimes....civil and criminal but that is the least of your concerns....
No, they are not crimes, they are just violations.
A rule ignored and unenforced is a rule made merely symbolic.
Even if you have an accident your chances/odds/whatever are 500 to 1,1 in 500 of being investigated by NTSB/DOT/FBI/Dept. Public Safety....
Your perceived enthusiasm of Federal and State agencies in this subject has no basis in reality.
You have the best criminal attorney on retainer.....(wow...really?) because of that 500 to1, 1 in 500 chance. So, sort of a Tony Soprano wanna be....you skip through your day....knowing you have Saul....(you actually do think about it)(apparently)....
Best in my State and every gun owner should have a criminal attorney on retainer. Divorce attorneys too, and a wise UPSer conflicts out the best in their own State.
Any training, MVDC, ELD HOS, DOT forms are just bureaucratic formalities....that don't apply to you or your savvy friends?
You have an answer at the ready to flout/obfuscate/break/circumvent/justify any scenario/law.
See Fallacies: Appeal to the Extremes. In your training did you ever think to ask how you would even go about reporting non-UPS hours? I'll wait.
Political Science(dirty politician/cheat/criminal.....sounds right)/Statistics(i.e. playing the odds of getting caught). You've actually been trained for this...
See Fallacies: Ad Hominem Political Science has nothing to do with being a politician.
And Chief, you are sadly mistaken about who has access to your records OF ANY KIND....
Speaking of Chiefs, ask the former Commander in Chief. Seen his tax returns yet?
My position:

Congratulations. I'll write a recommendation for the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Please stand ready.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Interesting.

Let's do this:

And Chief, you are sadly mistaken about who has access to your records OF ANY KIND.....

My position:

WTF are you rambling about now

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Big Willy didn’t block it last time and I don’t see Biden trying to stop us…could be a perfect storm…(in my Oprah voice) you get a car…you get a car…and you get a car!!!!
Way more product is moving through these buildings today than back then. That’s all. Hoping I’m wrong for sure if it was necessary.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Way more product is moving through these buildings today than back then. That’s all. Hoping I’m wrong for sure if it was necessary.
Can the President in his own stop a strike or does the congress have to get involved?? To be fair, Bill had far more important things he was getting into…