Johney

You think that there would be massive people crossing the picket line??? I’m not so sure..I think some of these zoomers would just say fk it and find another job..seriously.
I think it would be a big problem here. Maybe not so much in other states, but here? Without a doubt. It happened in 97.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You guys have any folks from pkg even going into feeder??? We have mostly hired off the street for 90% of the spots the last few years…it makes it easy since they already have a CDL, but I’d like to see our own gals and guys get these positions …
We got 8 guys from package the last time the list was posted. There isn’t a lot of interest coming out of package for some reason so we opened it up to part timers and have been doing so for at least 5 years. We even went off the street about 4 years ago but haven’t done it since. I’m assuming they will do it again soon because there just hasn’t been enough current employees interested. Not to mention it’s a 7 out of 10 fail rate.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Me too brother.
These guys laughing at me when I work an occasional Saturday those extra days goes right into my retirement/strike fund

Same here. Save now, it’s coming.
Don’t forget all of the surepost pkgs going to daddy Uncle Sam…they can barely keep up with first class mail
The company even says in our contract (Article 26) it’s in direct competition with the USPS, yet we have surepost, and give them business. It’s almost as bad to me, as not dropping Amazon.

Attachments

• E25F6462-A4AD-42CF-8E08-9C229EB96FA1.png
    E25F6462-A4AD-42CF-8E08-9C229EB96FA1.png
    446.3 KB · Views: 43

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We got 8 guys from package the last time the list was posted. There isn’t a lot of interest coming out of package for some reason so we opened it up to part timers and have been doing so for at least 5 years. We even went off the street about 4 years ago but haven’t done it since. I’m assuming they will do it again soon because there just hasn’t been enough current employees interested. Not to mention it’s a 7 out of 10 fail rate.
7/10 fail??? We are nowhere near that here.. 9.9/10 successful
Same here. Save now, it’s coming.

The company even says in our contract (Article 26) it’s in direct competition with the USPS, yet we have surepost, and give them business. It’s almost as bad to me, as not dropping Amazon.
its also in the contract that if FedEx stops with their postal program then we will follow….that doesn’t seem to be the case

YourCO

Generally feeders work more hours, but the work is so easy it feels like less.

639- retired.
Is it worth it to wait until you get some amount of seniority before you go to feeders? Do I have to bid back to package in our area if I don't like it?

I'm a work-life balance type of guy and I'm just trying to figure out what's best for my life as a young single guy, but also as one who's already been injured a couple times in package as a country driver.
Trying to make it to retirement mostly intact but also trying maximize my free time as much as I can until then, if that makes sense.

YourCO

Also where do you guys pee, Im really used to the convenience of the gatorade bottle lol

Can you listen to music while you drive?

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Is it worth it to wait until you get some amount of seniority before you go to feeders? Do I have to bid back to package in our area if I don't like it?

I'm a work-life balance type of guy and I'm just trying to figure out what's best for my life as a young single guy, but also as one who's already been injured a couple times in package as a country driver.
Trying to make it to retirement mostly intact but also trying maximize my free time as much as I can until then, if that makes sense.
If you make it through training and qualify it's a 2 year commitment. After that if you took a FT position in feeders then you would have to bid back to package but if you stayed on the Q list you can just tell them to take you off the list and go back to running your route in package (you keep your delivery route as long as you're on the Q list). Whether you wait to get some more seniority is up to you, but I don't see the point. Cover in feeders beats cover in package hands down, in fact most would say that cover in feeders beats having a "good route" in delivery.

Also where do you guys pee, Im really used to the convenience of the gatorade bottle lol

Can you listen to music while you drive?
We pee in a restroom like normal human beings. All the new tractors come with radios, you can listen to whatever you want.

YourCO

If you make it through training and qualify it's a 2 year commitment. After that if you took a FT position in feeders then you would have to bid back to package but if you stayed on the Q list you can just tell them to take you off the list and go back to running your route in package (you keep your delivery route as long as you're on the Q list). Whether you wait to get some more seniority is up to you, but I don't see the point. Cover in feeders beats cover in package hands down, in fact most would say that cover in feeders beats having a "good route" in delivery.

We pee in a restroom like normal human beings. All the new tractors come with radios, you can listen to whatever you want.
What's the q list?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What's the q list?
Feeder Qualified list. Everyone starts out on the q list after training, you're still technically in delivery classification but work in feeders as needed. You keep your route in delivery but you bid your personal days and vacation weeks with feeders. Openings in the feeder department are filled from the q list in seniority order. You can stay on the q list forever if you want (some guys do), the only exception being if a position in feeder goes up for bid and no one wants it the junior driver on the q list will be forced into feeder classification to fill it. That's rare but I've seen it happen.
If you're on the q list you will probably spend at least half the year working in feeders and you will definitely be in feeders for peak. I was on the q list for 9 months when I started and I never went back to delivery.

Feeder Qualified list. Everyone starts out on the q list after training, you're still technically in delivery classification but work in feeders as needed. You keep your route in delivery but you bid your personal days and vacation weeks with feeders. Openings in the feeder department are filled from the q list in seniority order. You can stay on the q list forever if you want (some guys do), the only exception being if a position in feeder goes up for bid and no one wants it the junior driver on the q list will be forced into feeder classification to fill it. That's rare but I've seen it happen.
If you're on the q list you will probably spend at least half the year working in feeders and you will definitely be in feeders for peak. I was on the q list for 9 months when I started and I never went back to delivery.
This is not true everywhere- just saying.