Thebrownblob

Lol- this useless union is trying to get UPS to pay for their mistakes. Why do you think UPS is free to do as it pleases?
Well I wouldn’t say you’re not completely wrong and I wouldn’t say you’re completely right. We are the “union” and I am not useless and neither are you. What has been done in the past does not have to continue. The labor climate has changed quite a bit in the last five or six years. And the men and women who sit in Washington DC at the headquarters of the international are not the union. And UPS is still on the hook for billions of dollars of unfunded liability. Can it be done? I don’t know should we try like hell I think so.

Johney

I'm curious to see if UPS will still be held accountable for any Central States defaults in the next contract like they are in this one. My guess would be no.

quad decade guy

He's trying to work the words "obtuse" and "obfuscate" into every thread possible.
Well....

"trying"...no.

As most(not all) of the posts and personalities are as predictable as sunrise.....I don't have to try.

BTW, your exception to these terms.......means they are exactly spot on. I could use "hard headed or thick"....for example.

quad decade guy

No, they are not crimes, they are just violations.

A rule ignored and unenforced is a rule made merely symbolic.

Your perceived enthusiasm of Federal and State agencies in this subject has no basis in reality.

Best in my State and every gun owner should have a criminal attorney on retainer. Divorce attorneys too, and a wise UPSer conflicts out the best in their own State.

See Fallacies: Appeal to the Extremes. In your training did you ever think to ask how you would even go about reporting non-UPS hours? I'll wait.

See Fallacies: Ad Hominem Political Science has nothing to do with being a politician.

Speaking of Chiefs, ask the former Commander in Chief. Seen his tax returns yet?

Congratulations. I'll write a recommendation for the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Please stand ready.
No. Not really either....there are criminal penalties as well with hard jail time.

The HOS rules are enforced....you just haven't been caught yet. Sort of like rules are meant to be broken...eh? You are the one ignoring them.....btw.

I don't have any more or less enthusiasm for Federal Laws and Agencies. Not sure what this statement really means.

The fact that you have a criminal attorney on speed dial is(if true).....bizarre if not breathtaking....and you want to move to New Zealand as a gun owner?

This has been addressed elsewhere.

Political science and politicians have nothing to do with each other? Another bizarre statement.

Deflection.

My accolades and accomplishments speak for themselves. Another shot of jealousy/envy.

Johney

The totals remain the same but the money comes from different accounts. Although both are handled through UPS in Pittsburgh.
Yes, but if Central States does not have the funds I don't get that portion. Now I've been told that since I retired under this contract and UPS is still obligated to cover any CS defaults that regardless of what happens with the bailout and CS I'm covered.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes, but if Central States does not have the funds I don't get that portion. Now I've been told that since I retired under this contract and UPS is still obligated to cover any CS defaults that regardless of what happens with the bailout and CS I'm covered.
UPS agreed to that if you retired after 2007. I am also covered but concerned about that changing in a future contract.

Thebrownblob

I don’t think that’s entirely true I think it’s renegotiated every contract it’s not covered for good. Although it’s not quite clear to me if you’re grandfathered in.