quad decade guy

I don’t think that’s entirely true I think it’s renegotiated every contract it’s not covered for good. Although it’s not quite clear to me if you’re grandfathered in.
I have asked this question many times.....never gotten a straight answer. Most I ask seem to think the guarantee is into perpetuity.....BTW, who does a person ask?

Thebrownblob

I have asked this question many times.....never gotten a straight answer. Most I ask seem to think the guarantee is into perpetuity.....BTW, who does a person ask?
Well I know a lot of people and I get the same answer you get. Not the most satisfying answer at all. I was told it is negotiated every contract and could be denied at some point but no one believes it will. That doesn’t really help you plan your future.

Johney

UPS agreed to that if you retired after 2007. I am also covered but concerned about that changing in a future contract.

I don’t think that’s entirely true I think it’s renegotiated every contract it’s not covered for good. Although it’s not quite clear to me if you’re grandfathered in.

Well I know a lot of people and I get the same answer you get. Not the most satisfying answer at all. I was told it is negotiated every contract and could be denied at some point but no one believes it will. That doesn’t really help you plan your future.
I personally have not spoken with anyone other than shop stewards who say yes you are covered. Friends at work who will be retiring under this contract said they have spoke with pension administration and they say they think so, not much reassurance there. I guess I can only hope and pray. Anyways it is what it is, if it's there great, if not oh well thank you CS for pissing my money away.

oldngray

nowhere special
I personally have not spoken with anyone other than shop stewards who say yes you are covered. Friends at work who will be retiring under this contract said they have spoke with pension administration and they say they think so, not much reassurance there. I guess I can only hope and pray. Anyways it is what it is, if it's there great, if not oh well thank you CS for pissing my money away.
People who retired 2007 or earlier were the ones who really got screwed

Thebrownblob

Well I’m not far behind you and I definitely will be pushing for solid answers or better language more permanent on this issue in the next contract

Johney

Well I’m not far behind you and I definitely will be pushing for solid answers or better language more permanent on this issue in the next contract
All the old timers in my center truly believe that UPS will do everything it can to get out of funding the shortfalls of CS in the next contract. Especially due to the supposed bailout. I just hope the new Teamster officials will not leave the retiree's in the wind. One can wish I guess.

quad decade guy

A person with no other retirement savings should be all over this trying to find the answer
Just Sayin….
Not me....so why are you directing this at me?

You don't know me.

Say, wouldn't any person that is owed $60k a year until death be interested in the answer?

I'm "not all over this" as I'm not concerned. If UPS folds and our pensions are flushed in bankruptcy....you and I will be impacted. Not just me. You too.

Just sayin.

Tell someone who cares.....what you think.

Thebrownblob

Not me....so why are you directing this at me?

You don't know me.

Say, wouldn't any person that is owed $60k a year until death be interested in the answer?

I'm "not all over this" as I'm not concerned. If UPS folds and our pensions are flushed in bankruptcy....you and I will be impacted. Not just me. You too.

Just sayin.

Tell someone who cares.....what you think.
Whether someone has savings or not makes no difference this is something we are owed. Would be silly for anyone who’s in central states not to be “all over this”

Johney

Whether someone has savings or not makes no difference this is something we are owed.
Exactly. I sure as hell want what I was promised whether I need it or not. If Quad doesn't care to get what he's owed, good for him. I, like many others want what we are owed and what was put away for us.

quad decade guy

Correct me if I'm wrong ,but contractually negotiated in contracts we voted on and implemented. So why should I not think I'm getting what I'm owed?
To all,

I expect to be paid what I EARNED.

"Being all over this" doesn't mean anything.

Fact: Our pensions could disappear through bankruptcy or even law change. Or just be whittled down to nothing.

Asking a union steward is with all respect....laughable or even a BA or even the President.