Thebrownblob

To all,

I expect to be paid what I EARNED.

"Being all over this" doesn't mean anything.

Fact: Our pensions could disappear through bankruptcy or even law change. Or just be whittled down to nothing.

Asking a union steward is with all respect....laughable or even a BA or even the President.
I’ve been to joint counsel conferences where the CS trustees give updates. Even they are vague. And in regards to the new pension bail out they have no idea how it’s going to work. Best advice have a great back up plan.

To all,

I expect to be paid what I EARNED.

"Being all over this" doesn't mean anything.

Fact: Our pensions could disappear through bankruptcy or even law change. Or just be whittled down to nothing.

Asking a union steward is with all respect....laughable or even a BA or even the President.
Dunno what you're trying to say in this aimless babble, but you bring up bankruptcy over and over in multiple threads, and that's just not how that works.

You think people are asking you? Laughable in its own right.

quad decade guy

Dunno what you're trying to say in this aimless babble, but you bring up bankruptcy over and over in multiple threads, and that's just not how that works.

You think people are asking you? Laughable in its own right.
Oh?

Pensions flushed in bankruptcy? Absolutely. Laws change....

You seemed to grasp the concept....even you. Smearing me doesn't change anything. If you think pensions cannot be canceled or even raided...you are mistaken. Under-funded and all the rest....and yeah....that's how it works.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just obtuse or not paying attention. Just look how CSPF has been mismanaged......OMG.

Oh?

Pensions flushed in bankruptcy? Absolutely. Laws change....

You seemed to grasp the concept....even you. Smearing me doesn't change anything. If you think pensions cannot be canceled or even raided...you are mistaken. Under-funded and all the rest....and yeah....that's how it works.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just obtuse or not paying attention. Just look how CSPF has been mismanaged......OMG.
Mismanagement is an entirely different concept than "canceled" pensions and bankruptcy laws. But hey, misdirection is your thing, only next to your ignorance.

quad decade guy

Mismanagement is an entirely different concept than "canceled" pensions and bankruptcy laws. But hey, misdirection is your thing, only next to your ignorance.
Well, mismanagement is why they are broke.....and bankruptcy goes hand in hand with being broke.....UPS is not there(pensions are) now....but easily in the future. YOU would have to be pretty ignorant to discount bankruptcy.....

So, counselor......have pensions been flushed in bankruptcy? Is it possible? Don't misdirect or deflect....tell us more.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Right....when able.....laws can be changed....bankruptcy can and does have a whole other set of standards.....
Our whole democracy could fall apart too and you won’t get your pension then either.

Bankruptcy does not have a whole other set of standards. Pensions are protected through 2051 with the American Rescue Act.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Well, mismanagement is why they are broke.....and bankruptcy goes hand in hand with being broke.....UPS is not there(pensions are) now....but easily in the future. YOU would have to be pretty ignorant to discount bankruptcy.....

So, counselor......have pensions been flushed in bankruptcy? Is it possible? Don't misdirect or deflect....tell us more.
NO!!!!!

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

Your pension cannot be 'flushed in bankruptcy'. You really should step back and learn the laws from people who know instead of going by what you 'feel' something is or will be.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Why even bother with him… he literally has a doomsday Scenario for every single thing he states on here…how the hell he has made it this far in life, or ups for that matter, is beyond me…it is absolutely a miracle that he hasn’t died years ago from stress related issues… what a way to live… no thank you, life is hard enough.
Obviously, he has never stepped on a crack in any sidewalk...

Thebrownblob

This is what I’ve been saying all along. Quad Copter Flyer just won’t listen.
This is what I’ve been saying all along. Quad Copter Flyer just won’t listen.
That is correct there is a certain level of safety but some of the retirees were pretty concerned before the relief act because their pension was going to be cut so far as to be almost worthless to them. Details are still sketchy but the trustees of Central states certainly looked much more upbeat this time

Mismanagement is why some pensions are broke, and no, UPS could not "easily" end up bankrupt. It would take quite an effort to bankrupt a company like this, and even if, it doesn't mean your pensions are "flushed" on a whim. Although, you seem sure that's how it goes, so please, your credentials? Exactly, please? I'm sure you've already experienced UPS going broke and flushing your pension, you've seen it all....

SLW

Anyone have to take (prescribed!) adderall or trazodone or anything like that? Does it disqualify you from being a feeder driver?

Thebrownblob

Mismanagement is why some pensions are broke, and no, UPS could not "easily" end up bankrupt. It would take quite an effort to bankrupt a company like this, and even if, it doesn't mean your pensions are "flushed" on a whim. Although, you seem sure that's how it goes, so please, your credentials? Exactly, please? I'm sure you've already experienced UPS going broke and flushing your pension, you've seen it all....
That is correct UPS is financially stable and then some. Many working people in the central region have little to almost no time in central states anymore and as we move further along that will continue. The UPS fund seems to be doing quite well. My guess is he was caught in the hoopla of central states going broke thinking he or others would lose everything. Thankfully there is insurance although it would not have covered everything. And thankfully the pension bailout gives 85 to 90 billion in relief. It won’t last forever (until 2051 I believe) and we need to hit the ground running organizing other industries as well as Amazon if we have a chance of surviving into the distant future.