Johney

95 is cursed at night. I ran Palm Bay for 2 years and I can’t tell you how many times FHP had to shut it down due to a fatality. So glad to be off that run.
Palm Bay it always seemed to be shut down north of there. Can't tell you how many long naps I got there waiting on the Jax guys stuck behind an accident.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Palm Bay it always seemed to be shut down north of there. Can't tell you how many long naps I got there waiting on the Jax guys stuck behind an accident.
That very well could have been me you were waiting on. That’s wild.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I think the auto releases are hard to pull due to the locking collar. A regular 5th wheel it's a standard swing collar and there's a slight bit of play between the collar and pin.
These auto ones it's more a clamp style that comes together in the rear center, you can see it. It seems like the collar is tighter to the pin when closed. And anytime the pin is resting on the collar makes it hard to pull.

Yeet

Maybe wouldn't that be funny. When I went it was for a Hialeah. Been quite a few years since I went there spent most of my final years running to Orlando.
I knew you had to be from either Deerfield, Lauderdale, Hialeah, Doral or Miami central. We even had a Stuart guy that would bring us a pup every now and then. Man I’m almost sure we saw each other and didn’t even know it.

Every time I got there I would see at least 10 of y’all parked in a dark corner sleeping. 😂

Johney

I knew you had to be from either Deerfield, Lauderdale, Hialeah, Doral or Miami central. We even had a Stuart guy that would bring us a pup every now and then. Man I’m almost sure we saw each other and didn’t even know it.

Every time I got there I would see at least 10 of y’all parked in a dark corner sleeping. 😂
Not from any of those actually :no:

Cowboy Mac

I think the auto releases are hard to pull due to the locking collar. A regular 5th wheel it's a standard swing collar and there's a slight bit of play between the collar and pin.
These auto ones it's more a clamp style that comes together in the rear center, you can see it. It seems like the collar is tighter to the pin when closed. And anytime the pin is resting on the collar makes it hard to pull.
I had a 251 Freightliner for the first time on Friday. I fought that thing for like 10 minutes, put it in reverse and drive to try to get the tension off the kingpin. I’m over here cursing and sweating trying to pull it with my bar. And all I had to do was push a button?

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I had a 251 Freightliner for the first time on Friday. I fought that thing for like 10 minutes, put it in reverse and drive to try to get the tension off the kingpin. I’m over here cursing and sweating trying to pull it with my bar. And all I had to do was push a button?
LOL, about a year or so ago was the first time I was in a 250 KW that had auto release. I did actually see it on the dash because the red flip cover stuck out. But I didn't know you had to hold it 3 seconds. I toggled it twice and thought it was broken. So I fought with the pull arm too for a good 5 minutes. Luckily it was at the yard and a shifter guy told me how it works. I don't drive truck because I'm smart, that I'll admit gladly lol.

Cowboy Mac

LOL, about a year or so ago was the first time I was in a 250 KW that had auto release. I did actually see it on the dash because the red flip cover stuck out. But I didn't know you had to hold it 3 seconds. I toggled it twice and thought it was broken. So I fought with the pull arm too for a good 5 minutes. Luckily it was at the yard and a shifter guy told me how it works. I don't drive truck because I'm smart, that I'll admit gladly lol.
Ok I’m running again tomorrow. Will be on the lookout for that button.

Yeet

Ok I’m running again tomorrow. Will be on the lookout for that button.
Tractor brake applied, hold the service brake, dump bags, hold unlock for 3 seconds until you hear it pop. I had to call another driver one night to figure out how to do it the first time I had one. I think it’s the same procedure for both the Feightliners and KW’s.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Why haven't you unloaded me yet ?

1651921026706.png