Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They may have changed things since I retired, but we had PT carwash/fuelers who were supposed to clean the tractors after filling the tanks. Management threated us with termination for stealing time if we fueled, washed, etc. I shared tractors with the same guy for years. We worked out between us what was to be done over and above.
We have fuelers but they don’t wash the tractors. Package car fuelers do wash the package cars.

Every once in a while when it’s the flavor of the month they’ll nag us for washing at finished work and tell you to leave it dirty for your co-driver because “you’re on OT, he’s not.”

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have fuelers but they don’t wash the tractors. Package car fuelers do wash the package cars.

Every once in a while when it’s the flavor of the month they’ll nag us for washing at finished work and tell you to leave it dirty for your co-driver because “you’re on OT, he’s not.”

Typical management intelligence. Sure, he’ll spend the same amount of time doing as you would, at regular pay, then get that OT at the end of the day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

averageguy14

Covering a sleeper run and they ended up cutting one of our legs that put us about 20 hours ahead of schedule. Well we were until I went upstairs to SMAGA dispatch and was told I had to wait. Are they always holding other drivers? I was surprised to see an elevator though and that the car wash actually works. I thought this place would be bigger

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
They may have changed things since I retired, but we had PT carwash/fuelers who were supposed to clean the tractors after filling the tanks. Management threated us with termination for stealing time if we fueled, washed, etc. I shared tractors with the same guy for years. We worked out between us what was to be done over and above.
I'm in a RTW state ..Nevada. We fuel and wash our tractors.

The Cali drivers weren't supposed to wash their own tractors. On snow nights in Sacramento I would take my tractor in car wash just to wash the windows and the car washer got all upset and said I was taking his work. I just wanted to take 5 minutes to clean the windows and go take a nap. Couldnt wait for him to do it.

When I explained all that he settled down.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'm in a RTW state ..Nevada. We fuel and wash our tractors.

The Cali drivers weren't supposed to wash their own tractors. On snow nights in Sacramento I would take my tractor in car wash just to wash the windows and the car washer got all upset and said I was taking his work. I just wanted to take 5 minutes to clean the windows and go take a nap. Couldnt wait for him to do it.

When I explained all that he settled down.
The adventures of Trixie the Tranny

Cowboy Mac

Now his load is going to be late, mine is not. Typical management.

HFolb23

To what extent does your management care about uniform standards? More than 4 years in package and now just over a year in feeder and for the first time ever got spoken to about not wearing the UPS socks.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
To what extent does your management care about uniform standards? More than 4 years in package and now just over a year in feeder and for the first time ever got spoken to about not wearing the UPS socks.
Who did you piss off? Was it a package sup?

over9five

Staff member
Honestly, they really DON'T care about uniform (or appearance) standards anymore.
I wish they did....

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Our sup doesn't even wear ups socks

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Not trying to be a smart ass but I have no idea because I’ve never been out of uniform.

Cowboy Mac

Nope, feeder sup. I have no idea why it’s my week to wear the target but I’ve earned myself a ride along for committing the grave sin of not wearing their socks.
1D542466-1B67-4DA4-90A6-A5916A4F7C92.jpeg

Trucker Clock

Yep, UPS says you can now have a beard, long hair, ear/face piercings and tattoos, they don’t care how you look anymore, but dammit, you have to wear UPS socks.