ManInBrown

We had one on road in feeders that was locked in on “drivers they don’t like” uniforms. He was like a vulture. Could sniff out one piece out of place or something you’re not supposed to be wearing like a sweatshirt a mile away. He was sent to another building last year. The rest thankfully don’t really care. They don’t say anything about sweatshirts or no ups socks with shorts. Package was a different story. All of them were all over you about anything uniform related.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We had one on road in feeders that was locked in on “drivers they don’t like” uniforms. He was like a vulture. Could sniff out one piece out of place or something you’re not supposed to be wearing like a sweatshirt a mile away. He was sent to another building last year. The rest thankfully don’t really care. They don’t say anything about sweatshirts or no ups socks with shorts. Package was a different story. All of them were all over you about anything uniform related.
Why would they care what feeder drivers wear.
The only people they interact with are Buffet attendants ,lot lizards and part
time supes

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Why would they care what feeder drivers wear.
The only people they interact with are Buffet attendants ,lot lizards and part
time supes
A lot of us also do customer pick ups. But yes, if you’re one of the guys doing 2-300 miles one way, you could be in your underwear and no one would know until you got out.

over9five

Staff member
A lot of us also do customer pick ups. But yes, if you’re one of the guys doing 2-300 miles one way, you could be in your underwear and no one would know until you got out.
Agree. I am a CPU driver.
But even if I ever go OTR, I'll still wear my full uniform.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yep, UPS says you can now have a beard, long hair, ear/face piercings and tattoos, they don’t care how you look anymore, but dammit, you have to wear UPS socks.
I was almost sent home (around 1994) for not having my belt on. I told the supe that my kids probably hid it cause that is what I beat them with ( said with straight face ). I just got a verbal warning.

Yeet

I was almost sent home (around 1994) for not having my belt on. I told the supe that my kids probably hid it cause that is what I beat them with ( said with straight face ). I just got a verbal warning.
We got word corporate was coming one month so our on roads where cracking down on uniforms. I had a nice UPS mesh hat that I bought off Etsy and was told not to wear it because it wasn’t UPS issued. I complied even though it was 100% nicer than the uniform hat, better made, and it was the right color to match the uniform. Then he asked to see my belt, I showed him and he said I had to wear the one issued by UPS. I told him “this is a $100 Ralph Lauren belt, it’s black so it’s the right color and I hate the cheap one they give us. It’s this one or I’m not wearing a belt.” He relented on that one.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We got word corporate was coming one month so our on roads where cracking down on uniforms. I had a nice UPS mesh hat that I bought off Etsy and was told not to wear it because it wasn’t UPS issued. I complied even though it was 100% nicer than the uniform hat, better made, and it was the right color to match the uniform. Then he asked to see my belt, I showed him and he said I had to wear the one issued by UPS. I told him “this is a $100 Ralph Lauren belt, it’s black so it’s the right color and I hate the cheap one they give us. It’s this one or I’m not wearing a belt.” He relented on that one.
$100 Ralph Lauren belt eh? An aristocrat….

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I always liked the military type discipline on uniforms and a clean appearance . No where near that now. It set us apart from the rest of the crowd and made me feel like a real professional. I loved how most people treated you when they saw the uniform.

I ironed the uniform, shined the shoes, and really tried to look my best. I do remember one time having a black T under my shirt and was told I had to have a white T under. Was kinda new at time and did not know that.

Yeet

I always liked the military type discipline on uniforms and a clean appearance . No where near that now. It set us apart from the rest of the crowd and made me feel like a real professional. I loved how most people treated you when they saw the uniform.

I ironed the uniform, shined the shoes, and really tried to look my best. I do remember one time having a black T under my shirt and was told I had to have a white T under. Was kinda new at time and did not know that.
The quality of the uniform has gone down greatly. The shield patches fall off my shirts, the lettering on the shield rubs off, I received someone else’s used and torn shorts when I ordered new ones with his name written on them and everything. The company started caring more about saving a dollar than caring about the standard and quality of their uniforms.

UnionStrong

The quality of the uniform has gone down greatly. The shield patches fall off my shirts, the lettering on the shield rubs off, I received someone else’s used and torn shorts when I ordered new ones with his name written on them and everything. The company started caring more about saving a dollar than caring about the standard and quality of their uniforms.
It’s a shame really. I was proud to represent. I never would come to work looking like I slept in my uniform. I made sure my hair was neat, at least in the morning, lol. Good sturdy footwear. They’re hobos today.

Yeet

It’s a shame really. I was proud to represent. I never would come to work looking like I slept in my uniform. I made sure my hair was neat, at least in the morning, lol. Good sturdy footwear. They’re hobos today.
When I first made it as a driver, I didn’t even want to take then damn uniform off when I got home. I wanted to parade around my house for my family to see. I had so much pride in that uniform and what it represented and how long it took and how much crap I had to go through to earn it.

UnionStrong

When I first made it as a driver, I didn’t even want to take then damn uniform off when I got home. I wanted to parade around my house for my family to see. I had so much pride in that uniform and what it represented and how long and how much crap I had to go through to earn it.
Right? Lol The uniform meant you had a job with security and all that went with it. No small thing.

Yeet

Right? Lol The uniform meant you had a job with security and all that went with it. No small thing.
It let everyone know who saw you wearing it that you were a trustworthy and hard working person. It also didn’t hurt that it also let everyone know you had money.

UnionStrong

It let everyone know who saw you wearing it that you were a trustworthy and hard working person. It also didn’t hurt that it also let everyone know you had money.
I waited like patience on a monument to get called to the UPS school. I remember the day like it was yesterday when I got the phone call. When I hung up I actually yelled with happiness. No way in hell was I not getting in that door!

Yeet

I waited like patience on a monument to get called to the UPS school. I remember the day like it was yesterday when I got the phone call. When I hung up I actually yelled with happiness. No way in hell was I not getting in that door!
I had the same reaction when I made book. I was in a group of about 30 other guys waiting to make seniority. 3 of them I knew from the hub and we were good friends. We had been cover drivers for 10 months at this point. We were all on the headset one night on our individual runs when I get a call from a buddy of mine who’s a steward. He says to me congratulations, you and the 10 guys beneath you (my buddies were in that group) just made seniority. I switch back over to my buddies and we all screamed like school girls.

Last edited: