Trucker Clock

Does this job have the 9.5 rule?

Not here.

What Hours/shifts do you feeder drive run? more then 40, more like 50 hrs.a week

Looks like you're at EZRPA, in Middletown.

There are going to be hundreds of feeders jobs there. Anything from 8 to 12 hours per day. Mon-Fri, Tues, Sat, Wed-Sun. All different start times, throughout the entire day.

Everything they told you…. Was a lie

I don't think so. EZRPA needs hundreds of feeder drivers.

Thebrownblob

Not here.

Looks like you're at EZRPA, in Middletown.

There are going to be hundreds of feeders jobs there. Anything from 8 to 12 hours per day. Mon-Fri, Tues, Sat, Wed-Sun. All different start times, throughout the entire day.

I don't think so. EZRPA needs hundreds of feeder drivers.
If they promised him any certain jobs or any certain hours they lied. He will most likely get hours. They just may not be what they promised him.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Is the company doing this nationwide? Had a feeder friend of mine tell me sleepers is turned upside down.
MESTX is gaining 6 sleeper jobs
DALTX is losing 29 sleeper jobs
ALGTX is gaining 34 sleeper jobs
DFWAS is losing 6 sleeper jobs
HASTX is losing 25 sleeper jobs
He also told me that the displaced drivers are not being allowed to follow their work. This is going to cause a big ripple effect as it works it's way down.
I know volume is down, and I believe they are putting a bunch of loads on the rail as well. I remember years ago when the rail service was so bad, they took it off to make service commitments.

robot

Has A Large Member
Is the company doing this nationwide? Had a feeder friend of mine tell me sleepers is turned upside down.
He also told me that the displaced drivers are not being allowed to follow their work. This is going to cause a big ripple effect as it works it's way down.
I know volume is down, and I believe they are putting a bunch of loads on the rail as well. I remember years ago when the rail service was so bad, they took it off to make service commitments.
I work out of ALGTX. Our management has been hush hush for some reason and it’s been a rumor mill here. Also they never put up a sleeper intent list.

A lot of the DALTX and HASTX sleepers bobtail to ALGTX to pick up their loads

Thebrownblob

The number was about 183 total sleeper teams eliminated nationwide, I believe

Johney

The number was about 183 total sleeper teams eliminated nationwide, I believe
Going to Gypsies and rail I bet. Better it goes to rail lesser of the two evils at least that’ll turn into local feeder work. Although when I use to go to the Miami railyard literally minutes from the Hialeah hub if the train ran late they made the FEC guys run the loads to Hialeah while we all sat there.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Isn’t there language about following your work?

trickpony1

They get around that by saying it's a different job.
Are they doing this to scare the employees?

Years ago they took loads off the rail to compete with fedex and and speed up transit time.

Now, suddenly, and right before contract time, they do this.

Connect the dots.

Cowboy Mac

Ouch
I work out of ALGTX. Our management has been hush hush for some reason and it’s been a rumor mill here. Also they never put up a sleeper intent list.

A lot of the DALTX and HASTX sleepers bobtail to ALGTX to pick up their loads
I’m out of SANTX. We just bid sleeper runs here, then supposedly they made a bunch of changes to the runs, so they will have to re bid. That is the rumor I heard lately. Also we were supposedly going to get 8 new sleeper runs this year, but even management doesn’t know if/when they are coming.

The Metroplex is weird like that, it seems a lot of times I go to a hub up there and I’m bringing back a load from a different hub in the area. Like I go to DFWAS and bring back a DALTX. They had to move that load north so I could bring it south?

over9five

Staff member
Screenshot_20230323_015709_Facebook.jpg

OMG, too funny not to steal from the Feeder FB group!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Does this job have the 9.5 rule?
no, feeders does not have 9.5
New hub that just opened so not sure how many drivers they have so far.
We currently have around 370 drivers and that number is growing rapidly.

If you have any questions about EZRPA and feeder operations don't be afraid to ask me. I'm a senior driver (that hurts to say) and would rather give you good information and see you succeed than for you to fail.

If you want, you can PM me and I can shoot you my number to ask questions when needed. I'm almost always accesible.
Ryan