Man that feeder department is mostly off the street hires now
Yeah pretty much, the only reason they hired so many off the street which was unheard of. Was because they were planning to make it a sleeper team department but it never happen. So they had to replace 100 spots. I think like 70 were off the streets. But yeah sucks and not the best place to be at night lol

I went there one time and I remember there was no lighting and trash everywhere in the 500s. And I thought some aryan brotherhood crackhead was going to jump in the tractor right there crossing under Northwest Highway.
No crack heads have try that to me but I’ve had prostitutes come to passenger window looking for a good time.

Ok since you’re already done with training I would file for your qualification seniority date to be changed because they trained out of order. This way they call you for runs that pop up before him and when it comes time to bid a run, you will get one before he does.

Junior driver refers to the driver with less seniority than you. You are senior to him.
Thank you cowboy Mac and Johney. I show this information to my Stewart yesterday. Said let’s file and get you where you suppose to be at, even if it’s one spot up. “Told me that one spot can be the difference of making feeder seniority and waiting a year or more for the next one” never thought about it like that. Hopefully the BA fixes it and I’m okay👍

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Alright. I’m half drunk and I’m not reading all that drivel. So what I’m understanding is, you are bitching that a guy that started with the company in 2019 is above you, who started in 2021. Am I correct in that?

They have to exhaust the part time list before they start hiring people who have no skin in the game, IE; you.

Even if he was only part time he gets a shot at it before you.

SOB comes in off the street in 2021 directly into a feeder bid and he’s bitching. JFC.

robot

Has A Large Member
Ok anyone know a work around with the Kenworth tractors dashboard lights not coming on. Mechanics say it’s just something that has to reset on its own. Just wondering if anyone figured out anything to get them back on

Johney

Ok anyone know a work around with the Kenworth tractors dashboard lights not coming on. Mechanics say it’s just something that has to reset on its own. Just wondering if anyone figured out anything to get them back on
I believe there's a fuse box on the drivers side firewall in the engine compartment, did you check the fuses in there? It's been a few years , but I remember that happening to the KW I drove.

govols019

You smell that?

Mine did that once...they just magically came back on the next day.

robot

Has A Large Member
I believe there's a fuse box on the drivers side firewall in the engine compartment, did you check the fuses in there? It's been a few years , but I remember that happening to the KW I drove.
Yeah mechanic said it wasn’t the fuses.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

I’ve had it happen a handful of times. All I’ve been able to figure out is to shut it off and wait until it corrects itself.

Cowboy Mac

You could try disconnecting then reconnecting the battery.

ManInBrown

You tried to start it too quick. You can’t start a KW until all the noises it makes when you turn key cycle thru. Start it nice and slow and dashboard lights should come back on. If not needs to be shopped.

over9five

Staff member
Those KW's were weird we had several in my old building and everyone of them had different quirks.
Aint that the truth! I could tell you stories about mine...
I wonder if we have a REAL GOOD Kenworth mechanic on BC. We could send him some issues, see if he knows any fixes.
Jeez, Kenworths have enough issues this could be its own thread!

Cowboy Mac

Aint that the truth! I could tell you stories about mine...
I wonder if we have a REAL GOOD Kenworth mechanic on BC. We could send him some issues, see if he knows any fixes.
Jeez, Kenworths have enough issues this could be its own thread!
Turns off after idling too long. That’s a major defect if you ask me.

govols019

You smell that?
You can use the cruise control to set the idle higher in some of them that stops idle management.
I haven't been able to do that since the old 268 Internationals...I can up the idle with the cruise in my Kenworth but it'll still go dead after a few minutes.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
It’s really all subjective. Some people like fresh air and basically exercising for 9 hours a day. Me personally I wasn’t someone who was abused in package. Was a 9.5 driver and where I am they didn’t take too kindly to handing out those grievance checks. So once they saw you meant business and was not only on the list but would hit their wallet you were good from late Jan till peak. I used to get buried once or twice a week. I’ve heard other stories on here about buildings where they couldn’t care less. They abused and just paid. So really I didn’t mind it. So just to generally say your worst day in feeders is better than your best day in package is true, but there are exceptions. I wouldn’t go back but there are days where I wouldn’t mind putting in 23,000 steps and breathing the fresh air all day. My body is all healed where if I was still in package I’d be even more broken down.
Not sure if anyone has shown you how your tractor windows roll down?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Rough week in feeders....

1679095984695.png

1679096010908.png