Johney

Ok. Have you ever wondered why?
Never ever been questioned in my building what so ever about taking a free week for feeder training. Most burned one option day for their benefits and we’re glad to get a free ride outta package for a week and if they passed a free CDL.

oldngray

nowhere special
Never ever been questioned in my building what so ever about taking a free week for feeder training. Most burned one option day for their benefits and we’re glad to get a free ride outta package for a week and if they passed a free CDL.
Here it was mostly people using a vacation week for the training.

Johney

Sounds like a deal
I thought so, as did everyone before me. They didn’t even make us sign a commitment paper making us stay for two years. I know of at least 10 guys between my building and one south that got their CDL for basically nothing and bailed on feeder’s in the first month.

qdg2

Or they could say, "You wanna be a feeder driver? Go get a CDL and sign the list."
Or not. Then what would UPS do? Serious question. Keeping in mind the Union would have to back this 100%........noting: They do not. Which is interesting. Because in the end.......it's the Union's fault. A simple "Our people are NOT working off the clock..."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Or not. Then what would UPS do? Serious question. Keeping in mind the Union would have to back this 100%........noting: They do not. Which is interesting. Because in the end.......it's the Union's fault. A simple "Our people are NOT working off the clock..."
Technically it’s not really working.

What would they do? You don't want to get your CDL? There're plenty of CDL holders on the street who want a high-paying job. Pretty simple negotiation, really, "We'll give your boys a shortcut to a CDL and potentially save them thousands of dollars if you give us a week." Sounds like the union got it right to me. The license is yours now, that's your compensation.

qdg2

They trained us in 2.5 weekends. 1.5 days was classroom, then a pretrip and familiarizing yourself with the equipment. Backing some on the 3rd day, then road trips and logbook the last 2 days, the last day being the "final."
Paid?

If not, could you been given an accident? Fired? Were you on the clock?

I know lot's(most) were turned loose on the yard(unsupervised) to "practice".

A lot could happen if practicing backing especially clutch days.

It is interesting watching new non-CDL folks doing the modern pre-trips. Mine was cursory at best....like a daily. Modern pre-trips are more like a PMI.

qdg2

What would they do? You don't want to get your CDL? There're plenty of CDL holders on the street who want a high-paying job. Pretty simple negotiation, really, "We'll give your boys a shortcut to a CDL and potentially save them thousands of dollars if you give us a week." Sounds like the union got it right to me. The license is yours now, that's your compensation.
I don't agree. UPS would come to a halt. Pretty simple roll-over on the Union. Plenty of language about ratio's for hiring whether you work off the clock or not. UPS uses them. Screwing lot's of folks.

I don't agree. UPS would come to a halt. Pretty simple roll-over on the Union. Plenty of language about ratio's for hiring whether you work off the clock or not. UPS uses them. Screwing lot's of folks.
Idgaf if you agree. Come to a halt because of the hiring ratios? Lol, you're smarter than that.

You're trying to argue the language the union negotiated, and the using more language the union negotiated to support your argument.

If there was not training language, then they wouldn't have to hire anyone from within without a CDL. They would simply exhaust all options from within and then hire off the street.

ManInBrown

Here it was mostly people using a vacation week for the training.
That’s what I did. And in the 177 if they send you to school, and you dint stay in feeders one year you have to pay the school money back. You have 30 days to go back to package. No one goes back after 30 because of classification seniority, go back before 30 school money must be paid back but you keep package seniority.

qdg2

Idgaf if you agree. Come to a halt because of the hiring ratios? Lol, you're smarter than that.

You're trying to argue the language the union negotiated, and the using more language the union negotiated to support your argument.

If there was not training language, then they wouldn't have to hire anyone from within without a CDL. They would simply exhaust all options from within and then hire off the street.
IDGAF either Champ. Not trying to argue anything. Go argue with a tree. IDGAF2.

Here's what's real: Your "sweet deal" cost's folks $1k.

See, this is on par with going to the bottom in seniority. Why? "Sweet deal too"? It's counter to what we do/did. Bizarre even.

And those hiring ratio's...LOL? Oh? They are there.

Are you mgt or hourly? Just curious why you are so "pro Company"? And anti hourly? And so keen to have folks work off the clock.....Are you smarter than that?(LOL)......just gettin em all in.....your insults.

BTW, we might have "training language".......it sure is anti-worker. But I repeat myself.

IDGAF either Champ. Not trying to argue anything. Go argue with a tree. IDGAF2.

Here's what's real: Your "sweet deal" cost's folks $1k.

See, this is on par with going to the bottom in seniority. Why? "Sweet deal too"? It's counter to what we do/did. Bizarre even.

And those hiring ratio's...LOL? Oh? They are there.

Are you mgt or hourly? Just curious why you are so "pro Company"? And anti hourly? And so keen to have folks work off the clock.....Are you smarter than that?(LOL)......just gettin em all in.....your insults.

BTW, we might have "training language".......it sure is anti-worker. But I repeat myself.
Insults? Jfc man, every post really is personal for you, incredible. What about what I wrote is pro-company? Even when someone answers your question, it isn't enough.