Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Training. If there’s language for training, and I’m sure there is, the value of the CDL is more than compensation for a weeks pay. I don’t think you’re gonna get fired for an accident while training because you’re not on the clock.
I didn’t get paid for shifter training either. 5 days a week for 5 hours. I didn’t bitch, I wanted out of the hub. I certainly didn’t bitch when they wanted the first week of feeder training to be unpaid either. You get a license at the end of it that’s yours and you get an opportunity to make the most money you’ll ever make at UPS as an hourly. It’s a no-brainer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Or not. Then what would UPS do? Serious question. Keeping in mind the Union would have to back this 100%........noting: They do not. Which is interesting. Because in the end.......it's the Union's fault. A simple "Our people are NOT working off the clock..."
Are you this obtuse all the time serious question
I bet your a blast at parties
SMDH

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That’s what I did. And in the 177 if they send you to school, and you dint stay in feeders one year you have to pay the school money back. You have 30 days to go back to package. No one goes back after 30 because of classification seniority, go back before 30 school money must be paid back but you keep package seniority.
You know anybody they’ve made pay the money back?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IDK, I worked for free....bottom line. And it was a time when my family couldn't afford to miss a paycheck. Wife at home and a new child.

BTW, possibly doesn't pay bills.

Say, do pilot's(UPS)(A320 to 747) for example work for free on platform upgrades? Hint, I'd bet not.
Don’t forget that airplane and corvette payment

pkgdriver

Are you this obtuse all the time serious question
I bet your a blast at parties
SMDH
3B3477D3-56F5-426F-9F7A-7B00106D87D6.gif

Johney

With all respect......then technically what is it? Serious question. We had to wear browns. Had to meet every other aspect of being a UPS'er.

To me, it comes down to pkg guys working off the clock etc. What if you fall off the tractor and get really hurt.....workmen's comp recordable eligible? Serious question. What say you?
In all your(Supposed)years working at UPS have you ever heard of anyone getting hurt during training? Getting fired during training?Getting suspended during training? In the ten years that I started signing bid sheets for feeders and waited my turn and in the 7.5 years I was in and watched others get trained I never heard of anyone getting fired or hurt. Watched plenty give it up in the first month from my building and others.....never fired. Even had one guy from another building during his production week get so scared he had his wife come get him two hours away you know what? Supervisor drove back,guy went pack to package a couple days later. Fired? Nope. I said it before I'll say it again. I asked both our feeder shop steward and the feeder manager what happens if I get into an accident? Their answer? You'll be disqualified for a year if it was avoidable.

Dear God does it ever end with you. SMH

Cementups

Box Monkey
I really don't know. I snapped off a glad-hand in productive. Trainer was right there and saw it. He said "go get it fixed and don't do that again". Never talked about again. Not sure what would have happened if I did that off the clock on a Saturday. Really don't. I'd have to report it. I heard of people being able to practice on the weekends...I never did. Didn't have time. 2 days of "training" and I took my test. Straight into productive. 5 days of local and then 12 hour road runs never having been 1 hour from the hub....

For discussion purposes.....what if you took out an overhead door off the clock for example or even totaled a tractor? Snake eye a trailer? All common rookie mistakes.
Bro you’re all over the map here. You’re comparing breaking a glad hand (which is equipment failure) to totaling a tractor. How are these two on the same level to you?!? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Cementups

Box Monkey
@qdg2 , here’s the thing about making arguments, be it online or in person…..
If you are having a discussion/argument about a particular subject and there are a 100 people in the discussion………if you say one thing and 99 people say the other, you are probably wrong. This is one of those times.

govols019

You smell that?
If you are having a discussion/argument about a particular subject and there are a 100 people in the discussion………if you say one thing and 99 people say the other, you are probably wrong. This is one of those times.

He will now just accuse you of attacking him

qdg2

Ok....well. So?

Not many people make 42 years and Circle of Honor. There's way more than that......

That said....half the people in this country vote Democrat and voted for Biden and will again........there are a lot of those like minded folks on BC. Same sort of MO for example.

Here's the thing about arguments....like sphincters.......we all have one....and you have yours.

Truth is: Why are all these (100) folks working for free? Question: If mgt came to you and said "You are going to take voluntary training for the new IVIS to keep your job....." Would you? Another no-brainer?

Sure hope you aren't the Union negotiator or these other 100 folks.

Thebrownblob

Ok....well. So?

Not many people make 42 years and Circle of Honor. There's way more than that......

That said....half the people in this country vote Democrat and voted for Biden and will again........there are a lot of those like minded folks on BC. Same sort of MO for example.

Here's the thing about arguments....like sphincters.......we all have one....and you have yours.

Truth is: Why are all these (100) folks working for free? Question: If mgt came to you and said "You are going to take voluntary training for the new IVIS to keep your job....." Would you? Another no-brainer?

You’re not working free you’re getting thousands of dollars worth of training and using UPS equipment, after you qualify all the other trainingIng is on the clock.

You have to apply for feeders almost like it’s a new job. Clearly, if you didn’t see value in it, you wouldn’t have done it.

It’s not an argument I’ve ever really heard anyone complain about, except apparently you a retired guy who is complaining about it, and actually did it anyway. 🤷‍♂️

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok....well. So?

Wow!! You’re starting to seem like you’re becoming a little unhinged
Serious question you ever think about therapy?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You’re not working free you’re getting thousands of dollars worth of training and using UPS equipment, after you qualify all the other trainingIng is on the clock.

You have to apply for feeders almost like it’s a new job. Clearly, if you didn’t see value in it, you wouldn’t have done it.

It’s not an argument I’ve ever really heard anyone complain about, except apparently you a retired guy who is complaining about it, and actually did it anyway. 🤷‍♂️
Forget it.