qdg2

Right, if a glad hand incident was considered an accident there’d be no feeder drivers left in our district. I can’t count how many I’ve had break especially the new ones made out of that crap cheap metal.
It might depend on how it was broken....in my case........I dropped a drop frame hydraulic leg trailer without lowering the legs. The glad hand was broken off by the frame rail. ORS was standing right there.

I agree about glad hands being fragile....especially in cold weather. But not pulling airlines and snapping one would or could be an accident. Hopping a fifth wheel to the cab might be too. I don't recall being given carte blanche on anything. I know drivers think so....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Based on your words......A UPS employee is eligible for workers comp under any and all circumstances? Can you show me where? You infer the simple fact of being an employee makes it so. If off the clock working is eligible(in this circumstance), why wouldn't anything else? Please explain exactly why.

So, being a BUG.......why isn't it paid? Smart guy like you should know the exact answer and know this. Bet a lot of other folks would too.

A smart guy like me has never been on comp. And as much as everyone rips drivers for working off the clock here on BC.....fair question I'd think.

Based on your words: A pkg driver reloading his pkg car before on the clock, gets hurt. He is eligible for workers comp? In my experience...he would more likely be fired.

You still going on about this

Thebrownblob

Based on your words......A UPS employee is eligible for workers comp under any and all circumstances? Can you show me where? You infer the simple fact of being an employee makes it so. If off the clock working is eligible(in this circumstance), why wouldn't anything else? Please explain exactly why.

So, being a BUG.......why isn't it paid? Smart guy like you should know the exact answer and know this. Bet a lot of other folks would too.

A smart guy like me has never been on comp. And as much as everyone rips drivers for working off the clock here on BC.....fair question I'd think.

Based on your words: A pkg driver reloading his pkg car before on the clock, gets hurt. He is eligible for workers comp? In my experience...he would more likely be fired.
Based on the facts anytime you’re on UPS property you’re covered, is that clear enough for you? Can you be done with your complaining? We’ve had numerous people hurt in the parking lot after work, off the clock and UPS is liable. Understand? is that clear enough for you? Why do you care if you’re retired why don’t you enjoy your retirement and stop worrying about things that have no bearing on you any longer.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Based on the facts anytime you’re on UPS property you’re covered, is that clear enough for you? Can you be done with your complaining? We’ve had numerous people hurt in the parking lot after work, off the clock and UPS is liable. Understand? is that clear enough for you? Why do you care if you’re retired why don’t you enjoy your retirement and stop worrying about things that have no bearing on you any longer.
✊

pkgdriver

✊✊

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Right, if a glad hand incident was considered an accident there’d be no feeder drivers left in our district. I can’t count how many I’ve had break especially the new ones made out of that crap cheap metal.
I’ve broken lines more than a couple of times. Pop a u-turn at the rail yard and the lines get caught under the catwalk and snap. Call the shop, they make a road call and I’m rolling again in less than an hour. I report it every time to cover my ass and I’ve never been even spoken to about it.

I’ve blocked ol’ quad before because he just seems like an old miserable person and I don’t have room for that in my life. There’s no getting through to him, he won’t even reconsider his position like a well adjusted person would do or meet you half way. He’s always right in his head. Blocked him and boom, he makes a new username. Time to block the new one and any new ones he makes when he inevitably gets banned again.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ok....well. So?

Not many people make 42 years and Circle of Honor. There's way more than that......

That said....half the people in this country vote Democrat and voted for Biden and will again........there are a lot of those like minded folks on BC. Same sort of MO for example.

Here's the thing about arguments....like sphincters.......we all have one....and you have yours.

Truth is: Why are all these (100) folks working for free? Question: If mgt came to you and said "You are going to take voluntary training for the new IVIS to keep your job....." Would you? Another no-brainer?

Sure hope you aren't the Union negotiator or these other 100 folks.
You’re completely losing your own argument with that last statement. If I was the union negotiator of these hypothetical 100 people, as I’ve seen in all the post I’ve read you seem to be the only one that has a problem with having had “worked for free” to obtain your CDL. So as a hypothetical leader I would go with what the majority wants and 1 v 99 is not in your particular favor. I do believe that’s what you want out of your negotiator. Some who goes with what the masses want, not the asses.

Cementups

Box Monkey
There’s one town I go through sometimes that you go down a big hill as you’re coming into town. They have a lowered speed limit sign halfway down the hill. Of course at the top of the hill is an engine braking prohibited sign.

I use the jakes anyways, I’m not going to come flying down a hill into a small town with my brakes smoking. It feels like they set it up that way to entrap truck drivers coming from the border.
But do you put your hands in the air as you are descending the hill? If not, how do you even consider yourself living life?!?

over9five

Staff member
20230523_220042.jpg

Just about broken in!

Johney

So in your world, say your walking into work(off the clock) and say a package falls off a belt onto your head injuring you, you're not eligible for workers comp? Huh.

qdg2

Based on what facts(exactly)? SO, based on yours words......employees, the general public? General public is covered under workmen's comp?

UPS being liable and workmen's comp are totally different concerns.