qdg2

You’d think since he has an airplane, a corvette, and probably a bunch of other toys that he’d keep pretty busy…guess not. I would love to have an airplane….oh well.
I keep busy. The few minutes I spend on here........I have.

If you wanted an airplane....most likely you could have one. They aren't that expensive.......now maintaining it and flying it are separate discussions.

qdg2

Note however when discussions come to a draw or perhaps when they perhaps lose some ground....the personal attacks begin. It's a technique to divert attention from lack of integrity and intellectual honesty. This is a well worn path. Ad hominem attacks. Check it out. There are about 6-8 folks here. Give or take. When they run out of airspeed and ideas....well....it's all here to see.
Fair enough. However, try some context and intellectual honesty. I give what I get.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Those were ordered for certain Amazon pick ups.
Don’t really know what the benefit is. They were a pain to load, I’m sure also a pain to unload (never did it), and I don’t think you could fit much more in them versus a conventional trailer if any.

dudebro

Don’t really know what the benefit is. They were a pain to load, I’m sure also a pain to unload (never did it), and I don’t think you could fit much more in them versus a conventional trailer if any.
The idea was that 1) it used the space between the fifth wheel and the axles and 2) it eliminated the need for a load stand to reach the ceiling, so your cube utilization should have been higher. Also - you were SUPPOSED to put large lighter packages under the flaps as much as you could to make that part easier, as well as bags / irregs under the rear sets of flaps.

dudebro

There has been a few newer drop frames in the last few years. Been a minute since I’ve seen one on property but it was shiny new just a couple years ago.
The WWS trailers with sprung shelves on the wall. They were supposed to go on doors that had the "loader 24s" on them.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
The WWS trailers with sprung shelves on the wall. They were supposed to go on doors that had the "loader 24s" on them.
I’ve loaded in those too. Maybe only a handful of times I’ve seen them loaded under the flaps then on top. Most of the time guys just loaded them like a normal trailer.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There has been a few newer drop frames in the last few years. Been a minute since I’ve seen one on property but it was shiny new just a couple years ago.
You haven’t lived life until you’re in one of those trailers picking a box off the ground and a flap comes down and smacks you in the head…seen that a few times.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I never worked in the hub so I never had that experience. I started on preload before I was driving.
Some of the older flaps had metal support beams underneath. Saw one come down and crack a guys skull open…he comes out of the trailer with blood everywhere like in a horror movie and they had to take him to the hospital to get a bunch of stitches…fun times!