qdg2

I think that was the company's intention.
Well, at least he was getting paid? Anyone know? I was never in that situation. I am aware of one team being separated and the "offender" was flown home. Other guy drove straight back home alone. From CA to TX. Story I heard.

If you are out of service(pending investigation).....and riding in a UPS vehicle.........paid?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1685796756999.png

Yesterday on 285 in Atlanta

robot

Has A Large Member
Man anyone else hate going to the rail yards? It’s never an easy in/out. Always something wrong with the chassis…

Been waiting on a reset for over an hour now. Container sitting on top of the pins. Just venting 😎

Johney

Man anyone else hate going to the rail yards? It’s never an easy in/out. Always something wrong with the chassis…

Been waiting on a reset for over an hour now. Container sitting on top of the pins. Just venting 😎
Been there done that.

qdg2

I've seen it done. Also seen chassis come in without being secured at all.
I've seen them slip off that chassis at the first corner or even turning into our yard....

When we first started getting the UPS beige chassis....we weren't given any training at all....they just started showing up. You had to ask around about "things"...

qdg2

Why get upset at all?......Mgt. makes those tight CPU/schedules.......intangibles have never been a consideration at UPS....at least in my 42 years...go on breakdown(when possible)......and watch Youtube.

Cowboy Mac

Late trains, driving around looking for your container on the train so you can watch it for 3 hours until it gets unloaded.

If you like Motorsports, watch the yard shifters at UP when the train shows up late. They drive 40 mph then lock up the tires to stop.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Late trains, driving around looking for your container on the train so you can watch it for 3 hours until it gets unloaded.

If you like Motorsports, watch the yard shifters at UP when the train shows up late. They drive 40 mph then lock up the tires to stop.
Sounds like the shifters around here