govols019

You smell that?
That is one thing about feeders. I feel like there is so many ways they can mess with runs or violate the contract and it’s easy for them to hide it. Someone who just comes to work every day and does his job would never know.

It's sad but you have to watch these folks like a hawk. They'll do shady underhanded things when doing it the right way would be easier and cheaper.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It's sad but you have to watch these folks like a hawk. They'll do shady underhanded things when doing it the right way would be easier and cheaper.
They are definitely sneaky rascals. I'm thinking some feeder supervisor sits in his office somewhere and says "Hey, we can do this to screw over the employee and circumvent the contract, saving the company some money, which will make me look good to the manager." I guess rolling the dice, hoping nobody catches on is worth the risk to them. If UPS pays this amount, it will at least put them on notice that the drivers are going to pay more attention. Since feeder drivers work around the clock, a lot of things happen that only a small percentage of the rank and file actually see going on, and can put 2 and 2 together. Just my opinion.

oldngray

nowhere special
They are definitely sneaky rascals. I'm thinking some feeder supervisor sits in his office somewhere and says "Hey, we can do this to screw over the employee and circumvent the contract, saving the company some money, which will make me look good to the manager." I guess rolling the dice, hoping nobody catches on is worth the risk to them. If UPS pays this amount, it will at least put them on notice that the drivers are going to pay more attention. Since feeder drivers work around the clock, a lot of things happen that only a small percentage of the rank and file actually see going on, and can put 2 and 2 together. Just my opinion.
If nobody catches them its a win for them at even if they lose the penalty is just paying what they should have owed in the first place.

Cowboy Mac

That’s when have one or more good stewards comes in handy.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
for you all that have decent size feeder depts….have they been cutting runs in the last month or so??? And curious if you have lost any sleeper work…. Didn’t they just do an “optimization” of the runs a few months ago???

Trucker Clock

Yes- zip ties definitely are rated to hold 80,000 plus. Lol. I have some...

Zip ties do not hold the container to the chassis. That job is done by the locking pin. The pins have a latch that keeps the pin from sliding back out, thus unlocking that particular corner. There is very little sliding pressure on this pin. You can pull it out with your hand. It can slide out due to vibration while moving. The latch does not need to be strong at all, just needs to keep the pin from sliding.

This latch is usually in disrepair, or not there at all. The zip tie is used in place of the latch, or in conjunction wit the latch, to keep the locking pin from sliding back out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Zip ties do not hold the container to the chassis. That job is done by the locking pin. The pins have a latch that keeps the pin from sliding back out, thus unlocking that particular corner. There is very little sliding pressure on this pin. You can pull it out with your hand. It can slide out due to vibration while moving. The latch does not need to be strong at all, just needs to keep the pin from sliding.

This latch is usually in disrepair, or not there at all. The zip tie is used in place of the latch, or in conjunction wit the latch, to keep the locking pin from sliding back out.

Seriously?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Pure genius

IMG_7157.gif

Johney

for you all that have decent size feeder depts….have they been cutting runs in the last month or so??? And curious if you have lost any sleeper work…. Didn’t they just do an “optimization” of the runs a few months ago???
We have I believe 30 feeder drivers in my old building and they just added two Jax runs and I think 2 Amazon runs(there is a Amazon building close by)

Ha no. Turned down 2… timing didn’t seem right. Maybe next round. Plus I got uneasy when I heard guys were being forced into sleeper. Turns out that’s not exactly true, you just get laid off if you say no 😂
Yeah, they can't really force that currently, but its not bad if you come from package. If you come in off the secondary list you go inside at your inside rate, a drop from $42 to $20ish is a little hard to swallow.

ManInBrown

I have a different take and maybe I’m wrong. I think building level management actually likes the fact that we’re unionized. Keeps everything orderly. Any decisions to do something like this is above bldg level mgmt. I think circumventing the contract starts at division manager level. They give orders to bldg level management do this, I don’t think management wants to do it. I’m sure there are on roads that don’t like the the fact we’re unionized but I think the majority are indifferent on it.

ManInBrown

I have a different take and maybe I’m wrong. I think building level management actually likes the fact that we’re unionized. Keeps everything orderly. Any decisions to do something like this is above bldg level mgmt. I think circumventing the contract starts at division manager level. They give orders to bldg level management do this, I don’t think management wants to do it. I’m sure there are on roads that don’t like the the fact we’re unionized but I think the majority are indifferent on it.
An add on, feeder building management definitely cancels certain jobs to screw drivers off. That’s 100% factored in, but that’s not circumventing the contract. If they’re told by someone in the ivory tower three jobs gotta go in a certain start time frame, they’ll factor in who they don’t like.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
An add on, feeder building management definitely cancels certain jobs to screw drivers off. That’s 100% factored in, but that’s not circumventing the contract. If they’re told by someone in the ivory tower three jobs gotta go in a certain start time frame, they’ll factor in who they don’t like.
Won’t really affect the driver that much as long as he isn’t super low in seniority. We have multiple runs that go to the same place, start around the same time, and have the same days off. He’ll just bump someone below him who has basically the same run. Now, if his former run had a sweet tractor that he’s losing, that might piss him off.