Any word on how we treat the 31st? Meaning what are those of us that are on the road at midnight supposed to do. Pull over and shut it down. Continue on to our next TA and shut it down. Or finish out the night since we technically started work under contract?

I recently asked a union rep at the “practice picket” and he didn’t have an answer.
You'll get direction from your local before your shift starts if we're going down that path. You can't just pull over and shut it down, you are responsible for the company's equipment until you get it back onto their property.

over9five

Staff member
Any word on how we treat the 31st? Meaning what are those of us that are on the road at midnight supposed to do. Pull over and shut it down. Continue on to our next TA and shut it down. Or finish out the night since we technically started work under contract?

I recently asked a union rep at the “practice picket” and he didn’t have an answer.
Speaking for MYSELF, I will finish my schedule if I can without crossing any picket lines. If there are lines up that fast, I'll turn around and head for my home hub.
If there's a picket line there, I'll park it in the street, lock the keys in it, call Dispatch, and join the line.

That's my current plan, unless I hear different directions from my own steward.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You'll get direction from your local before your shift starts if we're going down that path.

Was just going to say the same thing.

Speaking for MYSELF, I will finish my schedule if I can without crossing any picket lines. If there are lines up that fast, I'll turn around and head for my home hub.
If there's a picket line there, I'll park it in the street, lock the keys in it, call Dispatch, and join the line.

That's my current plan, unless I hear different directions from my own steward.

There will be guidance from the IBT if this is going to happen.

In 97.... some feeders drivers returning to their home domicile encountered hostile strike lines.

We had some freight drivers (fresh off their strike) trying to educate people.

It was a good time.... to be a Teamster.

:biggrin:

ManInBrown

If it’s really going to happen, we’ll all be told exactly what to do a few days before. Not anything you need to fret about.

9.5er

If it’s really going to happen, we’ll all be told exactly what to do a few days before. Not anything you need to Fret about.
We don’t do that here.

Appreciate the responses so far. I didn’t know if it had been discussed already. I’m not too concerned about it. I usually return to my center around 2:30am so I can join the line then.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In '97, I came thru our gate, and there was a supervisor standing in the yard. He told me to NOT just drop my set, but to break it down and spot the equipment on the assigned doors/pads. I said sure, no problem. Then I popped the air brake, got my goodie bag and radio out and left it where it sat. He fired me. lol.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When we brought our loads in, there were stewards and BA's standing at the driveway where it turned off the public road onto ups property. They told us what to do and what not to do once we got past the gate.

Johney

Any of you guys drive a new kenworth with the satellite radio port? Can someone tell me more about it?
IMG_2587.jpeg

This was mine back in the day

Johney

So is it just an antenna or can I buy something and hook it in and listen for free??? I thought that service was a subscription that you had to pay for?
I had that unit it plugged into the Kenworth stereo and a mushroom antenna. I paid for the service, I think $100 a year for that and my personal truck. I ran up the Florida Turnpike to Orlando and the FM radio wouldn’t pick crap up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had that unit it plugged into the Kenworth stereo and a mushroom antenna. I paid for the service, I think $100 a year for that and my personal truck. I ran up the Florida Turnpike to Orlando and the FM radio wouldn’t pick crap up.
I’ll have to check that out tks for the info

Phineas

That is an antenna for the satellite already mounted on the truck. You have to buy your own receiver and pay a subscription to use it. Crutchfield sells the cable to go from jack on dash to your receiver.