This seasonal position pay is 31 h/r and the hr lady told me they are absolutely hurting for drivers at this hub. I completed my road test and have a physical tomorrow after I complete my run at FedEx. My question is am I going to make more or less money then I am now? They said I'll get full-time hours. I make 1500-1700 a week at my current job working for a FedEx contractor.

Johney

This seasonal position pay is 31 h/r and the hr lady told me they are absolutely hurting for drivers at this hub. I completed my road test and have a physical tomorrow after I complete my run at FedEx. My question is am I going to make more or less money then I am now? They said I'll get full-time hours. I make 1500-1700 a week at my current job working for a FedEx contractor.
You’re a fool to leave if you’re making that now with no chance of losing it.

Trash Panda

If they are hurting so bad why wouldn't they offer a permanent position? Sure full time hrs at 31 sounds good but no working towards insurance or longevity.

If they are hurting so bad why wouldn't they offer a permanent position? Sure full time hrs at 31 sounds good but no working towards insurance or longevity.
No clue why they don't hire straight permanent spot. Could it be they want to see if the driver worth keeping? I have notice they been hiring nearly year around at this hub which is why I pulled the trigger and applied.

Indecisi0n

Enjoying sitting here taking a break in my tractor and watching all the Package drivers walking into the pit of misery.

They all have that same look and walk. Head down, wondering how jacked their loads will be. I don’t miss it at all.
When I take morning runs I'd see them all get together for the PCM and 90% of them looked shell shocked . God I don't miss a second of that crap . Not to worry though because they would do a thumb stretch that would help prevent any injury they might encounter for the day .

What'dyabringmetoday???

When I take morning runs I'd see them all get together for the PCM and 90% of them looked shell shocked . God I don't miss a second of that crap . Not to worry though because they would do a thumb stretch that would help prevent any injury they might encounter for the day .
That is awesome that you are trying to stay in shape. How far do you run? Stay hydrated. Lol.

brostalss

Who else Macks that require you to pretty slam the shifter into the climate controls in order to get into 9th gear? We have a few that do that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Indecisi0n

I have heard of a driver who had a trailer where someone had "backed out" the brakes because they were seized so they could still pull the load . Now let's not talk about how stupid this is but rather how could he tell it was backed out ? I assume during the pretrip you would see a space between the drum and the pad? I never got under a trailer and adjusted the brakes . Never thought as a driver I should be making adjustments like that . Have you guys ever found the need to?

Johney

I have heard of a driver who had a trailer where someone had "backed out" the brakes because they were seized so they could still pull the load . Now let's not talk about how stupid this is but rather how could he tell it was backed out ? I assume during the pretrip you would see a space between the drum and the pad? I never got under a trailer and adjusted the brakes . Never thought as a driver I should be making adjustments like that . Have you guys ever found the need to?
I would guess that when you did a tug test it would move?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
He might be talking about dragging the trailer to loosen up stuck brakes. I’ve done that a bunch to trailers. Especially in the winter time when a trailer may have been sitting for a while.

Sometimes if the brakes get wet, and the trailer sits for a while, rust or ice can lock the drums to the pads. The idea is that if you drag the wheels, you can usually bust the pads loose from the drums.

Indecisi0n

He might be talking about dragging the trailer to loosen up stuck brakes. I’ve done that a bunch to trailers. Especially in the winter time when a trailer may have been sitting for a while.

Sometimes if the brakes get wet, and the trailer sits for a while, rust or ice can lock the drums to the pads. The idea is that if you drag the wheels, you can usually bust the pads loose from the drums.
I have done that myself as well. This sounded different. It sounded like he had to modify the brakes to get the trailer on the road which is why I asked the question.