Johney

Im pretty sure it’s the new tires. USPS finally started buying Internationals to replace the Mack’s and they drive goofy as well. Require constant steering input and just don’t feel stable, I’m assuming it’ll get better with some miles.
That's what we were told "just give it some time they'll be fine when they wear down a bit" Well it's been some time and they still suck! Anyways I guess it's ok to drive something borderline safe until the tires wear down a bit???? Everyday it's something new with this place.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I doubt it's the tires. My old 269 International went straight down the road with a fresh set of recaps, the 272 mack I'm in now needs constant input.

Johney

I doubt it's the tires. My old 269 International went straight down the road with a fresh set of recaps, the 272 mack I'm in now needs constant input.
The problem we are having is definitely tires as it's happening on old Sterlings and Internationals as well as KW's and not noticeable until new tires are put on.

barnyard

KTM rider
Monday, I am doing a job that may have 2 legs added to the start of the schedule. How do you add them so that they are the 1st 2 legs of the run??

barnyard

KTM rider
punch in. Take ivis and go outside. Fling against the nearest brick wall as hard as you can. Go on paper for remainder of day.

I could not change my password last year. I ran on paper. "Barnyard, next time that happens, call us and we will help you change the password."

Last night, I did not shut down the IVIS properly and the battery was dead when I came to punch in. Called dispatch, "I'll start on paper and switch to IVIS when it is charged enough."
Them, "If you can, go out to the tractor, turn the key on and put the IVIS in the charger, it will have enough power by your start time. Paper is complicated."

OK

barnyard

KTM rider
Half the time the new IVIS phones won't update your dispatch. I've had to put it in manually lately.

That happened to me last night. I pulled a load to the railyard, got an IVIS update at the yard. Accepted it, when I went to outbound load, it was TO. Get back to building, "Where is the load from the railyard?" Me, "At the railyard, schedule had me TO." My schedule could not be updated after that for whatever reason. :shrug

barnyard

KTM rider
Go into schedule / Select the leg you want after the added one / select three dots (upper right) then add leg.

That is what I thought. It has been a year since I added legs and I have done it correctly and horribly wrong. Blah, blah, blah.

The guy covering the run last night said it added the legs to the bottom of the schedule, so he spent a bunch of the night editing legs. Dispatch figured it out and fixed the rest eventually.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That happened to me last night. I pulled a load to the railyard, got an IVIS update at the yard. Accepted it, when I went to outbound load, it was TO. Get back to building, "Where is the load from the railyard?" Me, "At the railyard, schedule had me TO." My schedule could not be updated after that for whatever reason. :shrug
For a while turning the wifi off and back on would get the dispatch changes to download. Sometimes restarting the whole thing will to do it.

Seems like everytime the tech geniuses push a device update they break something new.

barnyard

KTM rider
Something was up in the office last night. One of the others was complaining about status updates loading too slow and not being able to send schedule edits to other drivers. No matter. My favorite leg is "all legs complete."