Back to building time

ManInBrown

The push for production is starting to blow up in their face and the front line management knows it. Turnover is high among management and hourlies. Throw in workers comp, accidents and other factors involved with this business. The unfortunate San Francisco shooting.

Unfortunately UPS always reacts too late and never proactively responds to anything so the damage is done. In all the years I've been here I've never seen anyone in management come by with some fresh ideas. Always worried about getting through the day. Why do you think the hourly mentality is not to demonstrate exceptional performance. Management created this environment. With a disgruntled workforce how do you ever expect to promote the business.
Yup. Everything is blowing up in their faces. center manager has the nerve last week to bring up the fact that Amazon is becoming a real problem. And we better be doing our best to service the customer out there, while they cut routes everyday, that only a year ago were in 5 days a week. Idiots.

Fragile

What horrible advice..."Hey, why don't you just intentionally violate a DOT regulation that's your responsibility to understand and follow. That will teach them...." If management dispatches you with 24 hours its still your responsibility to be back before 14 hours....its the law...

Bringing back missed at 13.99 hours on road will hurt. Coming back to the building after 14 hours intentionally equals buh bye.

Don't be silly you guys have a list of service hours available to you.

JL 0513

The push for production is starting to blow up in their face and the front line management knows it. Turnover is high among management and hourlies. Throw in workers comp, accidents and other factors involved with this business. The unfortunate San Francisco shooting.

Unfortunately UPS always reacts too late and never proactively responds to anything so the damage is done. In all the years I've been here I've never seen anyone in management come by with some fresh ideas. Always worried about getting through the day. Why do you think the hourly mentality is not to demonstrate exceptional performance. Management created this environment. With a disgruntled workforce how do you ever expect to promote the business.

In my center of 50 drivers, approximately 10 of them have been out on workman's comp for 1 month to a year just in the last 2 years. You'd think UPS, and management at all levels, IE, etc. would get the hint. Nope. I've never seen so many hours as this year.

Fragile

In my center of 50 drivers, approximately 10 of them have been out on workman's comp for 1 month to a year just in the last 2 years. You'd think UPS, and management at all levels, IE, etc. would get the hint. Nope. I've never seen so many hours as this year.

Yeah it's realistic to expect the frequency of injury to increase when the workload is increased. Even if you are working at a "safe" pace, if you're dispatched heavier now you are spending more time exerting yourself at a "safe" pace and less time recuperating.

LongIslandNewbie

Last week they told me I was going to be suspended because i got back at 9:30 and didn't ask for help via Diad. I called and asked for help more than once, once he confirmed that I wasn't suspended. I called the business manager to see what I can do about this harassment and all i go was don't worry about it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Li, u are a teamster, Yas?

Use the diad's texting capability & CYA by taking a picture of it wif thy cellphone.

Now u have a paper trail next time management try to pull the suspension card on u again

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Last week they told me I was going to be suspended because i got back at 9:30 and didn't ask for help via Diad. I called and asked for help more than once, once he confirmed that I wasn't suspended. I called the business manager to see what I can do about this harassment and all i go was don't worry about it.
I let them know my ETA when asked by the DIAD. After that, it's their call. With the advent of EDS and ORION, it's been made clear that I am incapable of making decisions on my route.

Faceplanted

They're walking all over you. And they are doing it because you let them. I would have filed a harassment grevience to show them fools I ain't playing.

Stop using your personal phone.